New Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSevier

New User
Bryan
Hello,

I will be moving to a new house soon and I use my garage primarily as a woodshop - not too often does a car make it in. I am thinking of applying the Epoxy floor coating in the garage.

Are there any reasons that I shouldn't do this?

Thanks

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
May want to look at wood or rubber to soften the blow on your bones and dropped tools. Might not matter to you now if you are in your 20s or 30s but when you age you will appreciate the comfort.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Look at Barricade flooring by OVRX. It can be special ordered at both Lowes and Home Depot. Use their price match to your advantage. It comes in 2' x 2' T&G panels and goes down fairly easily. If you ever want to have a garage again (like when you sell the house) simply remove it. There are several of us in the area that have used this product and highly recommend it.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Epoxy without some type of sand-like additive may prove too slippery for a workshop floor. With out the additive it would be great for a garage floor, with the additive, not so much cause you couldn't clean up spills so easily. Some overlay, as suggested, may be the best way to go.

George

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Look at Barricade flooring by OVRX. It can be special ordered at both Lowes and Home Depot. Use their price match to your advantage. It comes in 2' x 2' T&G panels and goes down fairly easily. If you ever want to have a garage again (like when you sell the house) simply remove it. There are several of us in the area that have used this product and highly recommend it.

You can drive right up on it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors