New from the Beautiful Foothills of North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Hi everyone, I am Barry from the foothills area near Winston-Salem, Greensboro and Mt. Airy. I am, of course, new to NCWW and to woodworking and am fortunate that I have found your forum.

I have had an interest in woodworking for quite a while but have not had the time or a building to work in. Now that I am retired I have the time and am finishing a new building that has multiple uses and space for woodworking machinery. At this time, other than the standard cadre of DIY hand - held tools, I only have a table saw and miter saw. I hope my posts asking for information about which tools and machinery to buy will not "wear my welcome out"!

I am looking forward to reading the posts and articles on NCWW and learning from the experience of this community.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
welcome to the dustpile Barry. Ask away.Lots of knowledgable folks in here. We also like lots of pics

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Barry,

Welcome to NCWW.

We have a new member chat on the first Thursday of each month. You will receive an invitation as we get closer to the event.

We have a monthly luncheon at 11:30 at the Moose Cafe exit 208 I-40 near Greensboro. All are welcome. We will normally have 10-20 members show up. This is a good way to meet some local woodworkers and put faces to names.

As Dirk has said, we like pictures. We also have a number of tool addicts who would love to help you spend your money. Once you have an idea of what kind of things you would like to make or what kind of tools you would like, post away.

Steve H

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Barry. Glad you found us and decided to join in. As Steve said, we have the monthly lunch in Greensboro on the 3rd Thursday of each month. We usually post a reminder a few days ahead here in the forum, so keep an eye out for that. We'd love to have you join us. There are no fees, agenda, dues, minutes, officers, etc. Ain't retirement great? :) Just buy your own lunch.

The invitation to Mike's shop would be a good opportunity to meet a local member and learn A LOT about woodworking.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Welcome, I'm a new member as well and I can tell you already this place is awesome and more than eager to help in any way they can.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little spot on the web Barry, glad to have you with us. There are lots of great folks here and there is always someone willing to share some knowlege or lend a hand. If you can, please make one of those lunches that Steve and Bill mentioned and I can promise you will enjoy it.

Please do not be shy, feel free to join in a conversation and ask any question.

We like pictures and here are 2 link that will help show how to upload and post them.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/c...e-to-your-post

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/c...t-on-this-site

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Thanks to all of you for your kind words of welcome. By browsing the existing threads I have already found information that will be a great help in learning the ins and outs of woodworking.

Now to post all those questions I have not found answers for yet. If I post a question in the wrong place, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS