New from Lexington

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Vic. You have come to the right web site.

To send a PM (private message) or what is now called a Conversation by hovering your mouse over a member's name or avator and click on Start Conversation.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ray, thanks for the information. Very helpful. Take care and stay safe.
One cannot send a PM until the 'New User' classification goes away. There is a waiting period (5 days, i think?) and minimum number of posts required. This was put in place to address an issue we had with abuse a few months ago.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Between hospital visits I somehow missed this. Sorry to be so late.

nice to have another beginner in the area, I am also somewhat ADD and I think in pictures so have a hard time translating into English most i
of the time.

I guess I’m a couple hours from you but if you want to visit sometime I’m sure I can help you on your journey into woodworking land.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome to the wood pile, Vic. You mentioned that you have a learning disability. In my opinion, those who think they know it all, or those that don't want to try, have the greatest learning disablities, so you are a step ahead of many I have met. Woodworkers commonly use a variety of terms and acronyms that may not make sense to non-woodworkers, so please feel free to ask if something is confusing to you. There is no such thing as a dumb question if you don't know the answer. I hope you get a lot of happiness and satisfaction from joining this forum.

Brian Patterson

New User
Bstrom
Regarding your shortage of funds, there is no better skill to develop than the art of finagling free wood from all manner of sources. Local sawyers may be willing to part with less desirable lumber for a pittance or even free if it's taking up space. I make sure to develop the best customer relations I can with my sources and have gotten some killer deals as a result.

Used tools of all kinds are only worth what you're willing to pay for them too. An offer you can afford is better than none at all, especially with the risk you assume in acquiring a tool that will likely need your attention to put in service, etc. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Welcome to the forest...

Wannabe

New User
Vic
Welcome to the wood pile, Vic. You mentioned that you have a learning disability. In my opinion, those who think they know it all, or those that don't want to try, have the greatest learning disablities, so you are a step ahead of many I have met. Woodworkers commonly use a variety of terms and acronyms that may not make sense to non-woodworkers, so please feel free to ask if something is confusing to you. There is no such thing as a dumb question if you don't know the answer. I hope you get a lot of happiness and satisfaction from joining this forum.
Mark, Thank you so much for the encouragement and kind words.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS