New Dewalt Compact Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Saw this new Dewalt router (DW611) that is being released later this month.

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/i...-c-take-the-plunge-with-two-new-trim-routers/

It would appear that it is taking a run at the Bosch Colt market. A little more power, soft start, LED lighting and the big plus - a plunge base. (Up until now the only plunge base I have seen for the Bosch Colt is the Mico Fence plunge base at $399!!!:elvis:)

The combination fixed and plunge package of the Dewalt (DW611PK) will run about $199.

If you haven't had the opportunity to try out a Colt, you may want to have a look at the wee Dewally!:wsmile:

Wayne

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
Thanks for the heads up. That is a nice looking router. When I was in college I used to rout wood signs for a company in Orlando. The small trim routers were always too small and difficult to grip and the bigger routers were a lot bigger than they needed to be for detail work. This router looks like something that I might have to pickup.

Pete

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Pesonally, I'm hoping this might encourage Bosch to finally release a plunge base of their own for the Colt. I love my Colt, don't want to have to replace it!

jhreed

New User
james
I love my Bosch Colt, but would have bought PC if they had anything that competed at the time. I too want an affordable plunge base for the Colt. I use it more than my PC 893pk and Freud ft2200.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I was considering a Trend T4 for xmas this year. I wonder why the dewalt is so much more expensive? Seems like they should be closer in price.

- dewalt slightly more powerful
- trend includes edge guide (dewalt picture has one, but isn't on included accessories list)
- dewalt has lights (would be really nice for inlay work!)
- trend has dust spout (? vac hook-up?)

Skymaster

New User
Jack
OF COURSE THEY BRING IT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have suggested this for years to the de walt rep; I just bought the trend T4 :{ DRAT :no::no: There is alot of play in the plunge mechanism, drilled a set of 5mm holes and they were so oversized the clips almost fell out :{:{:{:{ NOT GOOD. dont where the problem is but I MUST find it. Could also b the upcut bit:nah: :nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS