New Classifieds software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The software we currently have for the Classifieds is somewhat limited in function. To make it easier to search, post, and clean up old advertisements, we'll be switching to a new package this weekend.

This Friday, I am closing the Classifieds for any new postings. You'll still be able to browse existing advertisements as normal, but you can't list any new items. Once the new software is up and running, I'll add a link to the old listings. They'll stay around for a few weeks, after which they'll be removed from the system permanently. If you still have unsold items by then, you'll need to re-list them with the new software.

So, if you absolutely need to get rid of something because your spouse/ room mate/ family member will kill you if that new tool comes in before the old one is gone :argue:....make sure you post it first thing in the morning :XXcompute

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
New Classifieds software open for business!

The new Classifieds software is open for business! :3dblob3:
You can access the ads via the blue "Classifieds" button on top. Just as before, the most recent ads are on the left side of the screen on the home- and main forum page.

The new Classifieds screen has a link to the old Ads. For those of you who have "old" postings, feel free to relist them in the new system. :XXcompute

You may have noticed that new advertisements will show up as new posts. This will make it easier to keep track of what's available to feed your tool habit :tool: There are also some options for shipping costs.

Please report any problems in the Help Desk forum.

(Chad - great job on the install!)

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Hey Bas

A couple of feature request ...

1. Can the listing down the side show the asking price?
2. Can the link within the ad to PM the seller automatically place a "RE: Ad Title" in the Subject line of the PM?
3. Can we get a better picture for the ads without a picture uploaded? :gar-La;

J

jeff...

Hey Bas

2. Can the link within the ad to PM the seller automatically place a "RE: Ad Title" in the Subject line of the PM?

Nice Bas - I like it a lot - don't listen to Wrangler:roll:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hey Bas

The software doesn't support any of these features out of the box, but sometimes the enhancements aren't terribly complicated to do. I'll put them on the wish list.The price might be tricky since we support auctions. I wouldn't want people to get overly excited seeing $20 for a Lie-Nielsen block plane. Also, it takes up more screen real estate.

As for the picture, that should be a simple enough change. Do you have a suggestion?

:nah: I like it too -- especially if it actually expires and removes old ads! These are just some mods that might make it useful! :wink_smil
Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS