New BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
834771_230.jpg
Finally gave up on the Walker turner and now have the Ricon 14" Picked up the last one they had in the store at woodraft in Clearwater today,already put together and ready to go.Can't wait untill next week to put it to work when I get back to NC.They gave me 50.00 off due to it being a floor model.So I pd 800.00 for it

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Congratulations Ken. From all of the positive posts that I've read, it's a winner. Enjoy!

bobby g

dlrion

New User
Dan
I think that is my next bandsaw. I have heard some really good things about it. Charlie and Sawduster also have this, and I have been to both of their shops for some free learnin... and seen this saw in action!

I am jealous!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Congratulations Ken!!! I picked mine up in February at Woodcraft in Greensboro, and so far I love it. The 5/8" blade that came in the box wasn't the best, so I bought a 1/2" Woodslicer from Highland. Depending on what kind of work you use it for, you might want to think about putting an aftermarket blade on it. Other than that, great saw. :icon_thum

Bill

sawduster

New User
Robert
Congrats bro :eusa_clap mine is one of the few tools I have bought new and I never regretted it . I too have a woodslicer blade and it does every thing I want it to do :icon_thum
good advice on trashing the blade that comes with it .....mine weren't worth 2 cents :nah:

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
You all are right about the blade,I think all tool makers have an unwrittin agreement,DON't put a good blade on any tool they sell.:saw:The only sad thing about this saw,is that I have 4 new 105" blades for the Walker turner and the Ricon is 111"Dangit, oh well new ones are on order and will be there waitin for me when I get back there next sun.Give me a few days and I will let all know what I think of it.

terry1166

New User
Terry
You'll enjoy the band saw. I love mine. I use mine a lot for rough cutting stock to the approximate size I need before I start flattening, straightening and dimensioning the pieces. It's much safer to rip cupped lumber on the band saw than with the table saw. And about that blade that came with the saw, you can throw it away if it is as bad as the blade that came with mine. When I cut my first piece of lumber using that blade, I hoped that the blade was the problem and not the saw (and it was). I could have used a hatchet and made a nicer cut than that blade produced.

Terry

T

toolferone

If your blades are new you might look to take them back and trade up to the new size.

Did Chuck take care of you in Clearwater?

Enjoy the new toy/tool!

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Ken,
Great looking saw, don't hurt yourself putting in you NC shop. It is still to bad the that the Walker Turner didn't work out.
Happy Turning,
Jack

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
YAHOO,it's here.I got lucky also.The only one that woodcraft had left was a floor model,all put together,plus,believe it or not,they put a real nice blade on it 5 tpi x 5/8 and it cuts real good,plus they gave me 50 bucks off. :gar-Bi I let Mama talk to em.When it comes to money,that woman can deal :notworthy: As ole Jackie Gleason would say,How sweet it is :gar-Bi :gar-Bi :gar-Bi

sawduster

New User
Robert
oh yeah ....you most definitely [PIE]ROCK !!! [/PIE]

And if you have big hands , be doubly glad it is assembled already ! :BangHead: :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS