New Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Posted about the joints on the legs previously. Here is the finished product. Just a 1 seater. Plan to put it in my office at work. All white oak, except the walnut trim on the front and back edges. Secured the legs with Titebond III, a few brads to hold it in place, then about 4 screws. Feels pretty tight. Top is stained in dark walnut. 2 layers of clear shellac and then a couple coats of General Finish water based top coat. Legs are a golden oak stain, so just a little lighter with the same top coats.

bench.JPG

bench w trim.JPG

bench legs.JPG

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Pic 3 looks like the leg assembly tapers slightly from the bottom to the top. Is that right? Your original post looked like the leg assembly was square. :icon_scra

Nice bench too!

Posted about the joints on the legs previously. Here is the finished product. Just a 1 seater. Plan to put it in my office at work. All white oak, except the walnut trim on the front and back edges. Secured the legs with Titebond III, a few brads to hold it in place, then about 4 screws. Feels pretty tight. Top is stained in dark walnut. 2 layers of clear shellac and then a couple coats of General Finish water based top coat. Legs are a golden oak stain, so just a little lighter with the same top coats.

View attachment 29553

View attachment 29554

View attachment 29555

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Pic 3 looks like the leg assembly tapers slightly from the bottom to the top. Is that right? Your original post looked like the leg assembly was square. :icon_scra

Nice bench too!
Thanks. Yes, they are at about an 80 degree angle from bottom to top. I should have paid more attention in school. I was a googling everywhere looking for an app for the dimensions to get what I wanted. I finally just used the trial and error method. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS