New Announcement Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
From time to time I have had to post important anouncement at the top of most pages. I discovered that even these were many times not noticed by some of our members.:eusa_naug :eek: :slap: :BangHead:

So I am testing a new method. Can I get some feedback. Will you notice it and is it too annoying?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
where is it? what announcment? huh?????:rolf: just kiddin steve. doesnt bother me! but then not much does.:lol:

M

McRabbet

What scrolling message? Yes it is annoying, but you can't miss it. It is probably the only way to get a critical message through that nobody will miss. It would be nice if a user could click on the scrolling banner once read so it would go away until changed or they re-enter the site.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, if someone doesn't see that I believe that they aren't fit to operate a table saw or any other power tools with a spinning blade. Could you make it flash too :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Steve, I couldn't even read this post before I finished reading the new banner, so yeah, it's obivious! could you speed it up just a little?

J

jeff...

Yeah, it's obvious alright, pulls my eyes right to it. Sorry, but I really don't like it much. Well to be honest I don't like it at all - it's very annoying. I find myself scrolling down just to hide it from my view. So yes it's effective but when does it stop? would be good if you could click on it or something to stop it.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my attention!!!!:eusa_clap

I think that it is a great idea (once again!)!!!

It certainly does make one wait and see what's up?!?!?

Wayne

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Ok I'll tell it like I saw it.
Where I read the news/sports ect. there is a ton of ads that move/flash/jump/changecolors, and I am soo used to ignoring them that I really didnt see it until I read this post.
Ok so I am not normal but we have knowen that for a long time:rolf:

JohnW

New User
John
If you stare at it long enough...say...20 min, it changes color and starts to disappear:drunken_s

It's the first thing I noticed so it will do the job you intend... and I scroll down a bit anyway so it's not toooo annoying.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks guys, I've turned it off. I got what I need. I like the idea of clicking on it to turn it off:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS