Nesting chairs

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
Has anyone tried to make and sell this type of chair? If so any luck and at what price. All my friends and family see them and want me to make some for them,(for free of course). Just wondered if there is a market.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 201
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 181

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
Jeff, they usually see them at my house, I have four that I use to set on the dock or in the yard. They fit inside each other with a handle on the top for carrying.

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
I made mine a little stronger and bigger than the ones on the website you posted to seat a bigger person. I am 6'3" and weigh 260#

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Ron, figure how long it takes you to make one, what the materials cost. Give yourself an hourly rate plus some profit.

Roy G

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
Thanks Roy,
I was just wondering if anyone had made the chairs and tried to sell them. I am not looking to start a business just wanted to know if I could get paid back for the wood. I enjoy making them.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Ron,
Where did you get your nesting chairs originally? Then you made a few beefier ones with the same design to fit your larger body frame?

What are the dimensions of your new customized chair?

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
I bought plans from a place called gone coastal. I basically just increased overall width and thickness of the basic plans, took a few try's but they seem to work.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
All my friends and family see them and want me to make some for them,(for free of course)

Why don't you just charge your friends and family for the chairs that you make for them? Maybe just the materials since you enjoy making them and it's fun for you.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
GoneCoastal.net

Not a very helpful site, but willing to take your money. I ordered a set of plans for about $20.

The GoneCoastal Tote Chair will provide many years of outdoor enjoyment. The seat and back measure 20" wide. Perfect for the beach goers that don't want to replace their beach chairs every other year. Buy this chair completely assembled, or as a kit that you assemble, or build your own with the plans that come with full size templates for the legs.

GoneCoastal Tote Chair
GoneCoastal Tote Chair

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS