Needing use of large planer for one board -- near Cary

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
Hi all,
I am working with a friend to build a hutch to go on top of a desk. It's 14" deep. I glued up three boards with alternating growth rings but didn't get the boards aligned aside one another for the full length. Would someone have a planer that I could use for 15 min to correct a 3/32" mis-alignment? Board is approximately 5' long and is 3/4" thick --- and is oak.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
Hi all,
I am working with a friend to build a hutch to go on top of a desk. It's 14" deep. I glued up three boards with alternating growth rings but didn't get the boards aligned aside one another for the full length. Would someone have a planer that I could use for 15 min to correct a 3/32" mis-alignment? Board is approximately 5' long and is 3/4" thick --- and is oak.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Isn't this the perfect opportunity to go buy a new toy to help take care of this!? :) A nice 4" belt sander would take care of that pretty quick. I have a 20" planer but am probably about 45 min to an hour away in Four Oaks. I'm sure others will be around to offer up assistance. If not, let me know.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am in NE Raleigh I have a 15 inch and would be glad to help

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
I am in NE Raleigh I have a 15 inch and would be glad to help
Hi Phil,
Thanks for the offer. I'll be out of town this weekend. After that, I'm free at any time that would be convenient for you. Are weekday evenings or weekends better? If you prefer, you can call me at (919) 605-5406 and we can set a time.

Mark

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS