Needing chuck key for Ridgid drill press 1/2" chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
I have an older Ridgid floor model drill press. Model: DP15501. My chuck key (817339) has completely fell apart in my hand. All of the replacement site pages.."they're obsolete." Anyone familiar with a site that might house older, obsolete tooling? I did locate a key earlier but didn't really want to spend $40 for one. Wondering if some of the other 1/2" chuck keys which are readily accessible would fit the chuck on this Ridgid tool without much free play?

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
This problem is one that frustrates me with accessories for everything from electronics (i.e. Cell phone cables) to tools (chuck, ros sandpaper etc.). I really do not understand why manufacturers do not coordinate together on 2 or 3 standards of differing sizes so replacement parts are easier to find. It seems they had this right in the 1960's and 1970's especially with cars as many parts were interchangeable. Out of the necessity for increased profits, the convenience to the consumer was lost.

Truefire

New User
Chris
You got it!!! Very frustrating. :BangHead: and then even amongst their own makes they're changing, swapping and making variances so quick and so often that we've become one big nation of, "Throw it away, it's cheaper to buy another one- new one"....smh.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Grainger, Dillon Supply, Paynes, Sears Replacement Parts, Ace Hwd and Ebay all most likely have what you need. I find myself checking Ebay before anywhere else.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Grainger, Dillon Supply, Paynes, Sears Replacement Parts, Ace Hwd and Ebay all most likely have what you need. I find myself checking Ebay before anywhere else.

Bruce, I would have never thought of ebay...:rotflm:

Thus the reason I posted. I checked all those places and the part is obsolete. Plus, there are many variances amongst 1/2" 'jacobs' chucks. Couldn't locate specific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS