Need to mill some Walnut in upstate SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

truckjohn

New User
John
Hey guys,

I happened into some Walnut that I couldn't refuse....
I now have 4 nice size chunks of Walnut sitting in the back yard (And some nice tire tracks showing how they got there...) These are from a yard tree.... They have been on the ground at their previous location for around 4-years... The bark is long gone and the sap wood is starting to get a bit punky in places - but the heartwood still looks really good..

The largest piece is 30" dia x 48" long, the smallest is about 12" dia x 56" long... According to the online calculator - I have around 330 bd-ft...

But... I have no mill!

Do you guys know anyone in the Upstate SC (Oconee, Anderson, Pickens tri-county area) that would do this sort of thing?

Thanks

kclark

New User
Kevin
You can call David Poston owner of David's Saw Mill. I have used him a couple of times. He is located between Rock Hill and York. Really nice guy. His full time job is working for the Forestry Service. He has spent a majority of his life around the business. His cell # is 803-984-3177 and his email is postondjr@comporium.net. He has a woodmizer bandsaw mill.

joec

joe
User
I am working with some "yard tree" walnut now. The question may be "how many nails and bullets will you hit?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS