Need to locate a high quality cabinet door manufacturer- prefer central NC location

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnelson

New User
Larry
I am starting on my next home project which is a new kitchen. I plan to use clear alder for the cabinets and looking to save time and get the project finished, I would like to outsource the cabinet doors. Can anyone recommend a local company within a couple of hours of Greensboro that builds custom cabinet doors? I know that I can order on line but would prefer to send the business to a local shop and save the shipping charges associated with shipping doors across the country. Any recommendations?

Also need to find clear alder plywood. I would appreciate any suggestions on this as well.

Thanks for any recommnendations offered.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Larry, as George and Gonzalo have suggested, The Hardwood Store should probably be your first stop. If they don't have Alder plywood, I bet they can get it for you. They also may know a source for cabinet doors. When you go there, ask for Cheryl. She is a member here and always very helpful.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Another source may be Steve Wall lumber - which is pretty close to you, I believe, in Mayodan NC (sp?).

Henry

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Is the plywood going to show in the final product? I don't know what alder looks like, I would consider using cabinet grade burch ply where it don't matter. I regularly use burch instead of maple ply for backs and shelves. I edge them with maple. I have used it instead of cherry too, with the right stain it works fine.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
This guy is a personal friend of mine and my dad. He's been in the cabinet buisness for a long time, I sure he would probably work with you. The prettiest kitchens I have ever seen came out of his shop. My dad is a contractor and has used him for 15yr or more.
http://www.dixoncabinetry.com/
He's in Kernersville right off 66 near downtown. Family owned and a serious pro. I would recommend him to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors