Need to have a couple of slabs surfaced

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Price-wise i would definitely try the Hardwood Store first. Raleigh Reclaimed is more expensive but if they are the only option for something that big, then you pay what you need to pay. Attached is a picture of my 44"x108"slab coming out of the large belt sander at RR.

That's the sander they used on my slabs. Then finished up on the other one.

Gibsonville is 1-1/2 hours each way for me. I did find another place in Raleigh that could have done the job @ $50/hour. I would have had to drop off and pick up in a week. We are already behind schedule on this job, so that wasn't going to work.

Also, Daniel (tri4sale) can get them done on his cnc router.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Building a router sled seems like it would have been a lot more cost effective and you would have the means to do this again.

I'm thinking I should build one of these for future projects, just didn't have time this time around.

shawn

New User
shawn
there is a shop in New Bern that has a 36" Porter with 2 Shelix heads. 1 for flattening, 1 for thickness. It's an impressive machine. I think they are pretty reasonable as well. Precision Molding.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
there is a shop in New Bern that has a 36" Porter with 2 Shelix heads. 1 for flattening, 1 for thickness. It's an impressive machine. I think they are pretty reasonable as well. Precision Molding.

Thanks for that info. New Bern is a long drive for me. Glad we were able to find something a little closer.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS