Need Switch Cover For Delta 10"Drill Press

ndemarco

New User
Nick
Both are good choices. I modified the design because I wasn't constrained by injection molding requirements. The screw hole bars span the entire back side. It's a much stronger part, even out of PLA.

I printed mine on a Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K.

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
Here is mine - black PETG - 7 hour print. Printed on an Ender3.
HotOffPrinter.jpg

Hot off the Printer.
HotOffPrinterOtherSide.jpg

Other side
DeltaSwitchHousingInstalled.jpg

Installed and tested - It did partially cover one of the ground screw holes. But I combined both ground wires on one screw.

Seems to be stronger than the original.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Now, I would have gone ahead and gotten a nice big paddle switch and stuck it in the box.
1625420529486.png

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
For only about $2 in plastic. I like the 3D printed solution.
Anyone else need one?
Over night, I made another one from Black PETG.

You cover the shipping and it is yours.

ndemarco

New User
Nick
On the interfering ground screw hole, mine is the same. I took a WAG and removed 8 mm from model here. (magenta markup). I saw the same interference, and did the same as kserdar - piggybacked the ground lead. Notice they didn't remove paint on the casting front? Not-so-quality.

The quill casting front has draft, and I haven't figured out why my vee relief cut (yellow markup) doesn't extend through the whole part. I'm a Solidworks guy originally, so still learning OnShape. I'll update the model when I hear back from an OnShape forum post.

I also enlarged the switch screw holes from 3.2 mm (measured) to 3.5 mm (blue markup).

To export a STL file, read here. 3MF is not natively supported (shrug). I'll upload a STL after a few more tweaks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-04 174542.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-04 174542.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 113

deltaphisig

New User
deltaphisig
Thanks to @ndemarco for putting up the file for 3D printing. Working on finding someone to print for me locally. Meanwhile, I repaired my original switch cover using Testor liquid model glue. It's really just MEK, but I couldnt find any at the hardware store. ABS pipe cement and acetone might also work. Can also make some DIY ABS slurry to reinforce your part. Links below for anyone seeing this thread:

Last edited:

JohnW

New User
John
Grizzly has them in stock. Look up Woodstock D4163 toggle switch on their site. $6.95. McMaster-Carr also has many types of toggle and rocker switches.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
For those with access to a 3D printer, the model is here, in OnShape (free 3D cad for personal use), and the STL files are here on Thingiverse.
Very nice work Nick! If anyone in the Cary area wants one let me know and i can print you one.

deltaphisig

New User
deltaphisig
@ndemarco: Did you ever figure out how to get the vee relief cuts in the cross members? I am trying to teach myself all this stuff and stumbled my way through some other mods, but couldn't make that one happen.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Anyone know if that is the same switch cover to fit the Delta Model 17-965? Mine broke last year and I fixed it using some epoxy and wood pieces but would take (and pay) for the printed one if I can confirm it is the same part. I ordered the Grizzly part as it looked the same in the online drawings - it was worth a shot for $10 but it was too big.
5FE3486B-CE9A-4BCD-B3A8-F05B5E303B7E.jpeg

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I may have one of those. Might be NOS. I'll have to fumble through some boxes.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS