Need someone with a router sled willing to flatten a slab for me.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Was going to build one, just haven't had the time. If you have one and are willing, will you flatten one side for me? I live in Wayne County, so the closer the better please.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
There is a shop down in Fayetteville that has a large sled table that you can use at a minimal cost. PM if interested.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Doesn't Scott Smith have a jointer wider than that? Sure would beat the pants off of doing it inch by inch, with all the bit swirl marks to take out, and he'd probably charge you less than the router bit you're fixin to buy. He's like an hour from you.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Doesn't Scott Smith have a jointer wider than that? Sure would beat the pants off of doing it inch by inch, with all the bit swirl marks to take out, and he'd probably charge you less than the router bit you're fixin to buy. He's like an hour from you.
He may, but last time I was there he was so busy with other orders and his work, he probably doesn't have the time. Also, neither side is flat so a large planer will probably not work without some sort of sled.

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
220279CE-428D-4E60-887A-D326004EB563.jpeg
I have a 40 inch by 8 foot you can use. I am in Bath,nc

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Perhaps after Christmas we can meet, I am willing to pay for this or at least purchase the router bit. If you let me know what would be acceptable.
Thanks
Robert

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Latest issue of Wood (Dec/Jan) shows a router sled made from Unistrut. Lowes and HD both stock Unistrut It's in the electrical section, near the conduit.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS