Need someone to carve ball claw feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsheehan

New User
John Sheehan
I need to find a fellow NC woodworker who can carve ball claw feet for a coffee table that I made for my living room. I'm willing to pay reasonable amount for your work. I can sand and finish the feet myself; but need someone to do carving. I am located in Raleigh area and willing to drive up to 1hr to meet you. Table is made of walnut. I have cut and shapped the four legs and left solid block for feet. If you are interested I can send photos.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
If you have no luck finding a carver, try Classic Designs by Mathew Burak. I've bought from them in the past and had great results.

Red

www.tablelegs.com

Mr Woodie

New User
Woody
I think it was Rough Cut, where he showed how to carve claw feet.
He made it look so easy, that I could even do it!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Paul at Klingspor's (Raleigh) teaches classes on carving the ball and claw foot. Give him a call. When it comes to carving, he's better than GOOD!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will second what Bruce said. Talk to Paul at Raleigh Klingspor. If he can't work with your schedule I am sure he can find you someone who can.

johnsheehan

New User
John Sheehan
Hi Bruce and Scott:

Thanks for the referral to Paul. I met with him before I posted this note. Originally I approached him with the idea of carving the feet for me. He wanted $250.00 per foot, or $1000.00 for the whole table. This is a little out of my range. He also suggested that I attend one his classes to learn how to carve ball-claw myself. But this is not feasable for me. So I am still seeking a fellow NC woodworker who can carve the feet for me. If you know of anyone please send them my way. Paul said he could not recommend anyone to me . Hump???

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have dealt with Paul many times over the years and I have seen his work. He is a master craftsman in a field that many folks just can't compete in. I am not surprised he could not recommend a local person with those skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS