Need some wide walnut boards

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I can not find Scott Smith's address here so if there is someone who knows it please send it along.

Any other sources for wide walnut 4/4 or 5/4 approx 8' in length

Thank you

Lowespro2

Nick
Senior User
You’re in Durham, try
Ricky Pope
Bahama Wood
1407 John Jones Rd
Bahama, NC
Home: 919-471-9118
Cell: 919-485-9996

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Dan, it sounds like Irion Lumber time?
Bob I have his number in my shop.
Haven't heard from you in some time I hope you're doing well. I'm stayin' busy in my small shop out back.

Last winter.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Info about Irion Lumber. The shipping minimum is 150bf and wide walnut boards are $12.50-16.50/bf. No minimum if picked up at the yard.

A walnut table top set. A mere $1400.

Last edited:

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
Jeff, Irion is my go to lumber yard, they serve up the very best of the very best material. They are not cheap, but the lumber is of such a high quality, there generally is very little to no waste.

I believe that Dan has purchased from them in the past also...

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Jeff, Irion is my go to lumber yard, they serve up the very best of the very best material. They are not cheap, but the lumber is of such a high quality, there generally is very little to no waste.

I believe that Dan has purchased from them in the past also...

Yes, they have nice looking lumber. Do you buy their 150 bf minimum and have it shipped to Charlotte or drive 600 miles to Pennsylvania and pick it up? Thanks.

Last edited:

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
Jeff, all the purchases that I have made from Irion, the yard operations manager Myron Yoder has pulled the required lumber for me and the lumber has been shipped to Charlotte. I supply Irion with a fairly detailed cut list for the major components of projects that I and going to build, I am not sure I could do a better job picking the lumber myself, than Irion’s staff has.

I don’t own a vehicle that I could safely transport 8-10’ lengths of lumber on an interstate.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I supply Irion with a fairly detailed cut list for the major components of projects that I and going to build, I am not sure I could do a better job picking the lumber myself, than Irion’s staff has.

That's fine but you still have to buy a minimum of 150bf to have it shipped after Mr. Yoder has selected your lumber. Do you typically buy 200-300 bf of mixed wood species from Irion?

TBoomz

New User
Ron
hi dan,
if whitsett, nc ain't too far away. I've a few walnut slabs. All live edge though & cut on a circle mill.
And air-dried. About 10' long and narrow down to 16" other end. The slabs were in a barn under a ton of hay about 10 years, till last year. Stacked outside now.

And I've another stack, mostly 6" - 9" widths, [4/4 - 6/4] about 8' long, though I'd probably cut off about 2'

Attachments

• SAM_0499.JPG
    SAM_0499.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 190
  • short stack.JPG
    short stack.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 194

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS