Need some S2S basswood and or poplar 1/2 and 5/4 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strom

Strom
Senior User
Making some interior shutters and am running out of stock. The only lumber supplier close by is a boutique and the prices are too high. Would like kd No 1 and better basswood or poplar . S2S 1/2 inch and 1 in. I live in Columbia ,SC but would be willing to travel say 2 hrs or so. Thanks

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lowes and Home Depot sells poplar in 1/2", 3/4", and some thicker stock (in small lengths).

Strom

Strom
Senior User
Lowes and Home Depot sells poplar in 1/2", 3/4", and some thicker stock (in small lengths).
Hey Scott . Thanks. They are retailers and the very least a louver would cost is about 1.50. I need a bunch. Impractical. I need a lumber yard.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I built 4 louvered doors with soft maple due to the scarcity of basswood. Worked well, Here's a pic...

Shutter_movable_2_1.JPG

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Making some interior shutters and am running out of stock. The only lumber supplier close by is a boutique and the prices are too high. Would like kd No 1 and better basswood or poplar . S2S 1/2 inch and 1 in. I live in Columbia ,SC but would be willing to travel say 2 hrs or so. Thanks

So you're now using basswood and/or poplar? Where'd you get that stash to begin with?

Is Berlin Myers in Summerville your local boutique supplier with the too high prices? I don't think that your new stash is just going to show up on your doorstep at cut-rate prices so you may have to bite the bullet and live with it.

http://www.berlinmyerslumber.com/lumber/hardwoods-exotics/

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
The price/bf at the big box stores is very high. The poplar at Gibsonville is $2.00-$2.30 /bf depending on width, s2s with one straight edge.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Steve is always my first choice. It is an expedition though. He is over 3 hours away.

So why not find someone closer to you? You have gas, mileage, your time, etc to save a few $/bf. Seems upside down or you don't read the reply posts to your question.

Is Berlin Myers in Summerville your local boutique supplier with the too high prices? I don't think that your new stash is just going to show up on your doorstep at cut-rate prices so you may have to bite the bullet and live with it.

http://www.berlinmyerslumber.com/lum...woods-exotics/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS