Need recommendations

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My small compressor died.
if I had someone local I would try to get it fixed…
but looks like I’ll have to replace

mostly use it for pin nailer, airing tires, blowing out dust and grime, maybe a small paint sprayer.

what is a good, small, inexpensive, reliable pancake style compressor?

Cuthriell

Cuthriell
Senior User
We have a Wen 2275 purchased in 2014 that has had no issues. It replaced an oil free compressor that was pretty loud. It was not expensive.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
My small compressor died.
if I had someone local I would try to get it fixed…
but looks like I’ll have to replace

mostly use it for pin nailer, airing tires, blowing out dust and grime, maybe a small paint sprayer.

what is a good, small, inexpensive, reliable pancake style compressor?
Mike open switch, blow all dirt out, check for loose or broken wires, check internet for a rebuild kit before tossing it

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
California air is the only one I would consider. 1hp/4 gallon alum tank will run about $300. I have an extra you can borrow if needed

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
FWIW - There are a few on Facebook Marketplace. Even a couple of "new" ones.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Ok, I ordered the 1hp with 8 gal steel tank and wheels. I don’t really need to throw it in the car all the time. This is only slightly larger than the Rol-Air 1.5hp oil less 4.5 gallon that I had for the last 15 years or so and should be easier to move with the wheels.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
The California air is first, then rolair would be second. Both super quiet and solid for your air delivery needs.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike open switch, blow all dirt out, check for loose or broken wires, check internet for a rebuild kit before tossing it
There was air leaking from the pressure switch, it made a strange thumping noise the quit.
it is oil less so not out of oil. Maybe a new pressure switch will fix it. Will see how the new one does and either fix or sell.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS