Need Input Shop Workstation or Re Sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

New User
Gary
A recent CL acquisition has me stumped, and I could use your help. I acquired this solid wood mobile butcher block "cabinet" with the intention of turning it into a sharpening station and Lathe storage cart. When I unloaded it I noticed a makers mark from Drexel Studio, did a quick google search and can't find much info other than what appears to be some interest in this maker. So now I am conflicted Re sell it, or continue with my original plan. Thoughts?

3k03m33le5O35T25X1a9g74faff3b45261f6b.jpg

3n23pe3la5O45Z05P1a9g7310182307261cf4-1.jpg

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I wood knot touch it yet; Research it a bunch more, maybe call some furniture restorers or stores just for info.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Have you tried contacting Drexel directly. They may be able to help value that piece.

Drexel Heritage
Manufacturer of furniture in three lines: Drexel Heritage, Drexel Studio and Lillian August. Part of LifeStyle Furnishings International.
www.drexelheritage.com

gator

George
Corporate Member
As near as I know, Drexel was sold to Furniture Brand Inc. Drexel had three divisions, 'sorta high end=Drexel Heritage, mid-range=Drexel Studio and another mass market line. It appears that FBI only kept the Heritage line and either dissolved or sold the other two.

I would think that there is not a lot of demand for the 'Studio' line so AI would go ahead with your original plan.

George

NCTurner

New User
Gary
Thanks guys! Knew I could count on you! I was seriously thinking I would use it for it's intended purpose, but didn't want my Sharpening Station to be that high $$$$. I will make sure I post some pics when complete!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS