Need info from Delta 50-850 Dust Collector Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
I have the opportunity to pick up a Delta canister filter (50-750) for a good price and am wondering whether it would fit on my Grizzly G1029 without much trouble. I would very much appreciate it if any Delta 50-850 dust collector owner would measure the diameter of the flange that the filter sits on for me (running a tape around to get the circumference would be fine too). Pics of the 50-850 look pretty much identical to the G1029 so I'm thinking that the filter might work fine.

Thanks in advance.

-G

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Measured with the bag still onit with a tape measure it is within +/- 20 inches.That design regardless of brand is usually very close to 20".I believe the Wynn cartridge filter for the 1.5 hp DC's fit over a 20" rim.Hope you have some kind of seperator cause cleaning big chips out of those pleats is annoying.Hope that helps,
Greg

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
Thanks Greg,

It sounds like it's a fit (or at least will be without much trouble). Klingspor had the canisters for $100 with $10 for shipping. That's at least a hundred cheaper than other vendors.

Yep, got a separator. Amazing how quickly it fills up when I am planing.

-G

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Gazzer -you can buy other types of cannister filters for less if you're willing to make an adapter-flange.

I have a $70-ish + ship cannister on my G1029. The flange is simply a donut of particleboard screwed to the cannister and screwed to the rim of the DC bag-housing.

-Mark

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
Thanks Mark,

I went ahead and ordered the Delta filter. I had been looking at the various adaptable conversions, but I liked the flapper/brush on the Delta. It also was cheaper than the Wynn kit.

I'd like to convert the 5" ID intake at the fan into a 6", have you done or thought about doing that?

-G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors