Need ideas for charity auction

thsb

New User
Tim
Haven't posted in a couple years, but sold my business and should have some more free time while the company that bought mine pays me for 'not sure yet' ;-). anyway, was asked to contribute a piece to the school auction and I still have some of the great quarter sawn maple from Southern Illinois and would like to show it off a bit. wonder if anyone had ideas about what would actually get bid on in an auction. Any experiences out there that could help? It is in Durham at a fairly affluent school (diverse student body but a lot of Duke MDs children attend there). Was thinking of a 24 bottle wine rack so the box part of it could show all of the figure and bookmatching (i already have some boards that I re-sawed and glued up), but not sure that is the way to go. thanks in advance, tim

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Haven't posted in a couple years, but sold my business and should have some more free time while the company that bought mine pays me for 'not sure yet' ;-). anyway, was asked to contribute a piece to the school auction and I still have some of the great quarter sawn maple from Southern Illinois and would like to show it off a bit. wonder if anyone had ideas about what would actually get bid on in an auction. Any experiences out there that could help? It is in Durham at a fairly affluent school (diverse student body but a lot of Duke MDs children attend there). Was thinking of a 24 bottle wine rack so the box part of it could show all of the figure and bookmatching (i already have some boards that I re-sawed and glued up), but not sure that is the way to go. thanks in advance, tim

I thinks thats a great idea, with some empty bottles in it to show it off, if the school allows it. I do some stuff at schools and they don't allow alcohol related items at the shows. I'd stay away from cutting boards, those are pretty common made items.

thsb

New User
Tim
Thanks. it is for a Catholic school, so drinks flow pretty freely ;-). In fact they usually get some donations from a local wine merchant, so could put a couple full bottles in there to spice things up! thanks for the feedback. tim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I do a craft show every year at a Baptist church and sell a bunch of wine stoppers. I think a wine rack is great. Just bounce it off the auction organizers.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Thanks. it is for a Catholic school, so drinks flow pretty freely ;-). In fact they usually get some donations from a local wine merchant, so could put a couple full bottles in there to spice things up! thanks for the feedback. tim

Immaculata?

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS