Need help with repairs on house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Hello friends,
I just wanted to ask if there would be anyone that would be able to help my wife out with some repairs that need to be done before we can sell our house. The situation is that I am in Germany now (army PCS'ed) and I had to leave with some house repairs/projects that I was unable to finish. I have a friend that is finishing up the paint on the outside of the house but I need someone to help with some trim on the inside, some tile foundation (my awesome wife knows how to tile, she just needs the mason board put down for her), and some other small things like a door knob installed on a new door. We have two months to sell the house and get my wife and kids over here, after that finance will stop paying housing allowance for both places at Hope Mills and here in Germany. I have a lot of wood (oak and poplar mainly) that I will give to anyone that can help. It is in the rough 4/4. If you do not want any of the wood or if the repairs needed do not account for enough payment we can talk about what is fair payment. Thank you my friends and have a blessed day.

Email me directly at michael.garner1@us.army.mil if you have any questions.

(Let me know if anyone is interested in helping, my poor wife is back in the states still with all of this responsibility with the house and I feel completely miserable that I had to leave her with all that. If there is anyone at all that has some time to help I will compensate you for your time.)

M

McRabbet

Michael, if I was not hundreds of miles away I'd be happy to help you out, but it is just too far from the mountains to Hope Mills -- hopefully, some of the guys down that way will find a way to lend a hand. Hope all is well with you in Germany -- but I'm sure you miss your shop!

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
thanks guys for the offer. I dont blame you with the cost of fuel these days. Germany is great, it would be about a million times better if my family was with me. Thank again friends, God bless.

Michael

sawduster

New User
Robert
I can't paint or do tile but there is a remote chance I could help with the small maintenance-type things like the doorknob etc
No guarantees but I would be willing to discuss it
e-mail your list to sawduster6996@yahoo.com and I'll see if I can help

TKKids

New User
TKKids
Just hit MapQuest to see if this would work for me. Sorry 90 miles is a tad far.

Good Luck.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Michael,

If you still need help I will take this weekend and go. It's 156 miles or 3.5 hours from my town to yours.

But, I never served in the armed services and I feel like I need to do something to help those who serve our great Country. You are making a great sacrifice and the least I can do is give up a weekend and a few bucks to help.

Besides, if my wife needed help and you were in the States I know you would be there.

So, just send me the address and phone number. I'll be there this weekend.

davejones

New User
Dave
Mike,

I am in Stokesdale (~ 15 mi north of Greensboro) which looks like it's between you and Hope Mills. I would be more than happy to go with you and offer whatever assistance I can provide. I am nursing a broken hand right now, but with one good one I can be a gopher, act as a saw horse or whatever.

As you stated, it is the least we can do to help out our fighting heroes.

Regards,
Dave

Michael,

If you still need help I will take this weekend and go. It's 156 miles or 3.5 hours from my town to yours.

But, I never served in the armed services and I feel like I need to do something to help those who serve our great Country. You are making a great sacrifice and the least I can do is give up a weekend and a few bucks to help.

Besides, if my wife needed help and you were in the States I know you would be there.

So, just send me the address and phone number. I'll be there this weekend.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Well, if we get up a crew from North Central NC we'll get the job done and put all the coasties to shame. :icon_thum

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Mike, and everyone else,
I realy appreciate the offer, as of right now we have a contractor that is going to be there this weekend. Hopefully he is a standup guy and gets the job done fast and right. It warms my heart to know that you all are willing to help. If for whatever reason this does not work out I will not hesitate to contact you. Thank you agian my friends and have a blessed day.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Michael,

I am glad you found a good contractor. Hope all goes well.

To tell the truth, I wasn't looking forward to the drive. I still have to go back to Alabama two more times to settle my Mother's estate and there's a ton of work at home that I am behind on.

But, I can't stand by and let one of OUR OWN suffer while I do nothing to help.

(why isn't there a salute smily?)

Thank you for your service to our Country!

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Mike,
Thank you friend! I am sorry to hear about your mother, my prayers will be with your and your family. As for Germany it is going well! I just wish I could pack all of the NCWW crew and bring them with me. The beer is awesome, and the language is still wierd to me. (Pete I just signed up for a 6 month language crash course on the Germany economy.) Thank you for thinking of me, I really do appreciate it. People like you and from this site are the reason why I stay in the military. God bless.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
6 month crash course over there??? Immersion is a great way to learn. You may be better than my current fluency level after that... need to find someone to work with to keep my skills up. It is great that you are doing that, way, way, way too many Americans get holed up on the Kasernes and in the military communities and never really get to experience the country because they are afraid of language issues. They, invariably, are the ones who hate being assigned in Germany because they limit the experience so much.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Ya im looking forward to it. There is so much culture here that I want to understand, and learning the language is the key. I know it will be hard to learn it, but it will be worth it. We will have to chat once i get the basics down.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Germans are know for thier craftmanship. I hope you can get time to pick up some additional woodworking skills or wood that you can share along the way.

bitbight

New User
Ray
Michael,

When I was there in 1980's they had a German/American friendship club called Kontakt. It was US military sponsored. I used to be a coordinator for the Hanau area. Are those clubs still an ongoing thing? If they are, its a great way to meet people of all ages and backgrounds.

Well I guess I answered my own question. I just googled Kontakt on the web and it is still alive and kicking. Try it I think you will like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS