Need Help with Delta DJ-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey all
I am in need of some personalized one on one help with my Delta DJ-20 8" jointer (older Model)
I am hoping someone near my location will speak up and be willing to come over.:eusa_pray
I need to be shown how to properly set it up, set the tables, change the blades etc.:wwink:

Thanks

MAC

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You know, if you want, and if someone else doesn't speak up, I might play hookie and come by next week. What's your schedule?

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Mac,

I'd be happy to swing by, but I'll be out of town this weekend, (kicking off backpacking season).

It's not exactly one on one, but Bob Vaughan has a very good online video on how to set/ align jointer knives, (I believe it was a feature article in FWW as well). I watched it when I was re-building my Walker-Turner 6" and it set me straight. He's working on an old Delta/Rockwell as well, although I believe it is a 6" longbed - still, similar enough.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2983839096587014177#

Of course, if you have a shelix head, this may not be as helpful. Good luck!

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Travis that would be fantastic. I have a new set of blades being delivered on Monday. Thought I had a set that was sharp, turned out I forgot to send them in.
My schedule is wide open.
I sent you a pm with my number on it.

Thanks
MAC

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Heath thanks for the offer, your always welcome to stop by.
Geoff I need instruction more than I need a jig, but thanks for the offer.

MAC

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Heath thanks for the offer, your always welcome to stop by.
Geoff I need instruction more than I need a jig, but thanks for the offer.

MAC

Speaking of which, what do you have to do the alignment? Dial indicators, straight edge, magna-set?

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I probably can come up with a straight edge, I do have a dial indicator but not sure if it will work for this application it's in a jig for my woodmaster..
I don't have a magna-set, Geoff said that he has got one if you don't. I can try and borrow it from him.

MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS