Need help IDing saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Hey all...I'm kind of frustrated because I'm having a hard time finding out any info about my saw. I just bought it (used) on Sunday. Here's all I know:
It's a Delta Unisaw, platinum edition with a 52" Beiesmeyer fence
It says it's model 36-943, but I can't find that number ANYWHERE online...
The motor is labeled as 5HP, 230V, 1ph and has 2 belts.
It is a left tilt.

I'd love to find out how old the saw is and stuff like that (parts availability, etc).
I've looked on delta's website, their DW/PC/Delta/B&D ServiceNET, Amazon and I've done a bunch of web searches. Do I have the only one of these in existance or what?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You could try www.owwm.com if it's rather old. But it doesn't sound like it's very old, let me look around and I 'll see what I can come up with. Dave:)

I'm having no luck either, is that all the info on the saw, could you post pics, that might help with the ID, not to mention I'd love to see it. Dave:)

Last edited:

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Agreed, I don't think it's THAT old... I'd doubt it being more than 10-15 years old. I'll see if I can get some pictures of my "plunder" ;)

chris99z71

New User
Chris
OK, THAR SHE BLOWS!!!
unisaw.jpg

Lord, i'm a lousy photographer....you'd never know that i worked for Kodak for 2 years...
BTW, in my gallery are pics of my RAS, drill press and dust collector...although with my power limitations, right now they're all dust collectors...:-(

sapwood

New User
Roger
Chris,

Looks like the real deal to me. I'm sure the American flag on base influenced your decision :lol:

Call Delta and ask. I had a 50 year old planer (Delta/Rockwell) and called them. They were very helpful, in fact, they still had some parts available. 'Course the only problem is they wanted $500 for cutterhead assembly to go on a planer worth about $15 :eusa_booh

Sapwood

Monty

New User
Monty
"Help IDing saw" :eusa_thin

You've got to be kidding!!!! :roll: That's the most blatant non-stealth stealth gloat I've seen in a while! :lol:

That there is a Uni-Saur! And a nice one at that! Congrats on the score - wish I was that lucky!

chris99z71

New User
Chris
insomniac said:
"Help IDing saw" :eusa_thin

You've got to be kidding!!!! :roll: That's the most blatant non-stealth stealth gloat I've seen in a while! :lol:

That there is a Uni-Saur! And a nice one at that! Congrats on the score - wish I was that lucky!

Yes, but did you notice the SUPER stealthy (yet fuzzy ) way that I got the picture of the radial arm saw and drill press in there too? :lol:

My questions about IDing the saw were more for the purpose of finding out it's specs and stuff...

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Chris, I bought a 36-843 in Mar 03 and it was from Delta's Limited Edition line which I believe they were closing out. If I remember correctly the Platinum Edition came out the year after. I am not sure if any of this will help in your quest for specs but I figured I would pass the info along. I am not sure if Delta is still carrying their Platinum Edition now or not but you might try looking on Amazon to see if you can find your model number. Sometimes Amazon has the a PDF link where you can download the user's manual. Even if they don't have your specific model number listed you might try reading the descriptions for each Unisaw and find one with the same specs (5HP, 230V, 1ph, left tilt) you listed in your original post and see if they have a PDF link available. It's a nice saw, I have the 3 HP model and I love mine.

DL

chris99z71

New User
Chris
DL,
Thanks! Just dating the saw to "newer than 03" is more than I had before. Amazon was the first place that I went. All of the left tilt, 5hp unisaw part numbers now seem to start 36-L51******. I imagine most of the parts are still the same though.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Great picture, reminds me of my college days, anybody got a twinkie?.... but I digress.

Regarding the saw: 5HP Delta Unisaw with 52" Bismeyer, left tilt, $200 - You Suck! :mrgreen:

Steve D

Bill Julson

New User
Update your profile with your name
"Regarding the saw: 5HP Delta Unisaw with 52" Bismeyer, left tilt, $200 - You Suck! :mrgreen:"

My sentiments exactly Steve! There is no justice in this world!:cool:

Great catch Chris!....I love it when a plan comes together!

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Right place, right time my friends...right place, right time!
That and cahones big enough to make an absurd offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS