Need heart pine for trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachin4ever

New User
Sherry
Hi,
We are in the Swansboro/Jacksonville area and we need to buy some heart pine to finish up our project. We prefer reclaimed heart pine. We want 3/4 inch thick boards about 8-10 ft. Tung and groove flooring is okay. We can cut the tongue off and rip the boards for trim
Reclaimed trim may work but is probably too expensive for us. We were planning to make our trim out of the reclaimed flooring we were using but alas, we ran out of good boards.
We will have some reject boards soon if anyone wants to build birdhouses.

Thanks,
Sherry

NorthernJeff

New User
Jeff
Anchor Hardwoods in Raleigh is a great source. Knowledgeable staff. Not sure what the distance is from jacksonville area though.

Hi,
We are in the Swansboro/Jacksonville area and we need to buy some heart pine to finish up our project. We prefer reclaimed heart pine. We want 3/4 inch thick boards about 8-10 ft. Tung and groove flooring is okay. We can cut the tongue off and rip the boards for trim
Reclaimed trim may work but is probably too expensive for us. We were planning to make our trim out of the reclaimed flooring we were using but alas, we ran out of good boards.
We will have some reject boards soon if anyone wants to build birdhouses.

Thanks,
Sherry

CLetts

New User
Carl
I've seen at least 3 sellers on Craigslist recently (eastern NC), that are selling reclaimed heart pine

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Hi Sherry,
I have a stack of heart pine reclaimed from a train warehouse structure built in the early 1800's. We are moving cross-country on Saturday (we hope) so you would have to move quickly, like today or tomorrow. These are boards we couldn't fit in the containers we're shipping, otherwise they wouldn't be available, but I'll sell you what you need for 75 cents a linear foot - they are 10-12" wide in 4' and 10' (both +/-) lengths. We live about halfway between Greenville and Tarboro just off Hwy 42; evenings are fine. You can call me at 252-827-1446 if you're interested. Thanks.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Hi Sherry, Anchor Hardwood in Wilmington is associated with Cape Fear Riverwood, and they usually have heart pine in stock from old growth logs.

ps: I'm the guy that kiln dried your wood. I'm glad to see that your project is progressing.

If Anchor can't help you out, there is a reclaimed pine flooring business in Pittsboro, NC that has reclaimed heart pine, and it is a very close match to the wood that I sterilized for you.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hi Sherry

I am in Raleigh and have some left over Heartwood Pine left over from a big project. I purchased this from Heatwood Pine in Pittsboro. These are mostly 10' long pieces - primarily 5" wide (AND 2" thick) if memory serves me correctly. If what Russ is offering does not work and you are interested - we might be able to make a deal. You don't state how much you need. I believe I have 5-6 pieces of this material - recall 2" thick and I think 5" wide. PM me, or e-mail, if you are interested.
wynandsfw@gmail.com

Be prepared, Heartwood pine is not cheap. Anchor Hardwoods in Wilimington or Russ may be better options for you.

Henry

Beachin4ever

New User
Sherry
Hi Scott,
Nice to hear from you. Yes, we are almost through with the project. Just need to do the trim and stain the doors. We had some other family stuff that kept us away a lot this year but we are about to finish. It is looking good.
We did find some leads on Craigs list. Ross is also going to see the wood Russ has tomorrow and pick it up if he thinks it will work. Hopefully, Russ's wood will find a good home with us.:) We are also getting pictures of other options and figuring out which wood to buy. Thanks for all the help. You guys are great!

Sherry

Beachin4ever

New User
Sherry
Hi Sherry,
I have a stack of heart pine reclaimed from a train warehouse structure built in the early 1800's. We are moving cross-country on Saturday (we hope) so you would have to move quickly, like today or tomorrow. These are boards we couldn't fit in the containers we're shipping, otherwise they wouldn't be available, but I'll sell you what you need for 75 cents a linear foot - they are 10-12" wide in 4' and 10' (both +/-) lengths. We live about halfway between Greenville and Tarboro just off Hwy 42; evenings are fine. You can call me at 252-827-1446 if you're interested. Thanks.

I hope your move went well. We are working on your wood. Thanks for helping out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors