Need good economical bandsaw blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Folks, I am in need of some 131 & 1/2" bandsaw blades in 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4" . Where is the best most economical place to purchase them? I want to make some bandsaw boxes along with doing a lot of contouring shelf edges. I have no experience with these smaller blades in this application so I am here to ask the experts who have been there and done that. Thank You. Steve

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
+1 on Woodcraft Bands. You might want to get just one blade first. If so, get a 1/4", 6 TPI, hook tooth, BI-METAL blade. It will cost three times what a none bi-metql blade does, but will last more than three times as long. The one that is on my main band saw has been on for 12 years now. I use it mainly to cut out Toys for Tots cars. Each one has about 8" of cut, and I have cut over a thousand over the years. That's over 600 feet of cuts, besides the other use during the year. Still as good as the day it was installed. I have other blades, but just haven't had to install them yet, as this one is like the Energizer Bunny - It keeps going and going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS