need dust collector

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
Redoing my slab shed and order a 25" planer so I can flatten larger size slabs, now I'd like to find a 3hp dust collector motor and blower to mount outside and blow into a closet I plan to build. Where might be the best place to maybe find a used one if possible? I do have a Woodtek 3hp now, maybe just take motor and blower off but its not set up like I want.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I would think, if right next to the planer, your 3 HP should do a fine job with the chips. Maybe mount it directly adjacent and big duct to just a walk in baffle box as you are not dealing with dust, just chips. Get the duct real short and strait and as close to no restriction in the bag/filter house. Your closet, are you going to hang big bags in it? Going to let the air back into the shop, or external ( safest)

I am re-assessing my DC. I have a Jet 1 3/4 with canister now and is sucks, well because it does not suck. For traditional systems, the ClearView systems seem to be the tops, but I am almost convinced to go for a Harvey 700 as it will fit under my outfeed table virtually eliminating all the overhead ductwork. I roll my jointer and planer into place and would have a less than 3 foot hose. Router is built in too, so again, less hose and no duct. Then the band saw is a few feet away. It may not be worth it to run the overhead to it and maybe a hose on the floor ) or drop down where most of the length is actually a metal duct)

I figured out today, if my TS upgrade is to the Harvey 300, the difference in price to the PCS pays for the DC. The overall long term safety of better collection and cleaner air along with a riving knife is more significant than me being stupid on the saw.

25 incher eh? Don't let that out as there may be a line at your door!

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
My plan is really an outdoor closet open one one side that will blow into it and be able to scoop it out with the tractor (don't want to mess with the bags) if I can't find anyone who wants to shovel it our for free.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
May need a couple of baffles as it may blow it further than you expect. I have to think a 3 HP would still do it if it was a strait shot.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS