Need Beyond Full-Extension Slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W

New User
Steve
I'm not sure where to post this, so it's going in the DIY forum.

I have recently-installed factory kitchen cabinets. I decided that I'd get a fancier blind-corner unit, so I got one where a double shelf pulls out on full-extension side-mounted slides, then is supposed to pivot to the side on a piano hinge to allow access to two "sideways" mounted trays inside. (yes, I will post a pic when I get home...)

The problem is that the access is right next to the range, rather than an adjacent cabinet, and so I need an extra couple of inches of travel on the glide so that I can get to the trays easier.

I know that "beyond full extension" slides exist, but how far beyond full-extension would the 22" units go? Any sources for these? Searching in web catalogues hasn't brought me much in the way of info. I suspect I will have to get these from a place that deals with custom stuff, as I don't see anything at the BORG that would work.

Thanks in advance...

Steve

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
would need to see pics but you can always do the double slide trick for extra reach. Put a pullout on top of a pullout so when you pull the first one out you still have the length of the second pull out too. (Have I made it clear as MUD now? :eusa_thin ) If I have lost ya I can do a little rendering of it later tonight, but I don't know if it would even work in the application your talking about. Post some pics and I am sure someone that is waaaaay smarter than me will have a solution as well.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have seen some that are 125% extension. Could you not also put a longer set of slides in than the unit that are full extension?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Steve,
Knape & Voight #8505 Lateral File slide will give you 1.5" overtravel and hold #150lbs. WW Supply has them I think.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Thanks, guys! I suspected WW Supply might have 'em. I'll probably get over there and see.

Here are the promised pics for those of you who are curious. As you can see from top view, I only need about 2" more extension minimum, but would be happy with more.

Looks like I'll stop in Graham later this week.

Attachments

• IMG_1893 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1893 (Small).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1895 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1895 (Small).JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1896 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1896 (Small).JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 149

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Thanks, guys! I suspected WW Supply might have 'em. I'll probably get over there and see.

Here are the promised pics for those of you who are curious. As you can see from top view, I only need about 2" more extension minimum, but would be happy with more.

Looks like I'll stop in Graham later this week.

Check out this site for an interesting discussion that someone else had with the same problem and some of the solutions. If you need 2" or more, than the normally priced ones wont work since they only over-extend 1.5".
http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base/Extreme_DrawerSlide_Extension.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS