Need Another Small Piece of Wood

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I need a 2 pieces of cocobolo 5" long a, a little over 3/4" wide and a 1/4" thick.Really only need one but asking for 2 just in case I have a boo boo !!! lol I will pay for them if you have some....But I wouldnt want someone getting out unless they were already going to post office at this time or maybe you can have mailman pick them up.Thanks in advance! (This isn't an emergency request) Here is a pic of the wood I am wanting something sort of similar.. I was wanting to make sure this "IS" cocobolo too...Its been in the shop a while.

Attachments

• DD940285-A443-469F-9B82-F1BF2C37F357.jpeg
    DD940285-A443-469F-9B82-F1BF2C37F357.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sounds like a pen blank. Let me check.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
It looks like 3/4" by 3/4" by 5" is a common penblank size .I need it to be a little over 3/4" on one of the sides. They may be that way.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Pen blanks are all I have at this time.

DickF

New User
Dick
I have a piece, it's roughly L shaped. The thickest leg of the L is 2" x 1" and it's just shy of 5" long overall, maybe by a 32nd or so. Let me know if it would work for you.

IMG_0225.jpgIMG_0226.jpg

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
It looks like 3/4" by 3/4" by 5" is a common penblank size .I need it to be a little over 3/4" on one of the sides. They may be that way.
And if you need a tad more than 3/4" 'square' from a pen blank (and only a 1/4" thick), the diagonal will allow for this. Of course the grain pattern may differ, but for your purposes that MAY not matter.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS