Need a source for Cedar

Status
Not open for further replies.

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
All-
I'm looking for 4/4 or 3/4 cedar, ideally 12" wide, and at least 1S2SE, or FAS. Anybody have a suggestion for a source?

Thanks

Umich684

New User
Jake
Red, White?
I have lots of white cedar availability from up north...and I'm sure Kyle has a ton of Easter Red also.
-Jake

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Not trying to discourage you... Have you ever seen a eastern red cedar tree 14~16" diameter with no branches? I haven't, knots are a "feature" when it comes to eastern red cedar. Not saying a 12 wide FAS ERC board doesn't exist but I'm thinking it would fetch some pretty pennies. The widest clear ERC board I every cut off a log was 8" and I gave it to Mike Davis because he's such a nice guy :)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jeff, I have lots of ERC in stock, but it's definitely not FAS or 12" wide. The bulk of my boards are 5/4 x 5" wide, or thereabouts, and 10' long.

I can make 3/4 S2S for you from them w/o a problem. Let me know if this is of interest. Thx.

Scott

ps - I'm about 30 minutes from Durham.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I PM'ed that I had some 12" x 10' heart cedar.These boards came from an 18" diameter cedar tree. It has very few knots but won't be absolutely clear. If you are making those chairs not sure why you would need 12" wide stock. Finding totally clear 12" wide cedar is nigh impossible in NC. Arkansas is closest.

Good luck!

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
My arms and legs are the widest pieces...about 7"...the 12" wide stuff is because I was able to cut everything from 3 12" wide 8' boards with little scrap.

So, I'd def need some 7" wide, but could get by with 4 or 5" wide stock for a bulk of it.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
you may have a lot better chance finding what you want in cypress.:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS