Need a Pen Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Guys,

Just got back from an extended trip through Europe and had a very special visit with a friend of one of my neighbors. He went way out of his way to show us around and spent three days with us.

I want to sent him a gift of a custom made pen and case but would rather get it from a NCWW'r than go to a gift shop. Any penmakers in the Asheville area please PM me so we can connect.

Thanks for the help.

Dan C.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
I'm in Charlotte, so probably too far away. I know sawman101 is a little closer in Newton and he does pens. Most likely there's someone in asheville that can hook you up. I mainly wanted to say that it's a great idea. My wife and I vacationed in Iceland last year, and I sent our AirBnB hosts a pen and seam ripper as a thank you for the wonderful stay.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great idea, Dan. I'm in Charlotte and like James says - there are some good pen-crafters close to you. allisnut and sawman101 are two that come to mind, maybe they will chime in.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm near Hickory as others have mentioned, and I would be glad to send photos of what I have. I use a special flexible CA finish of 7+ coats giving a highly polished pen surface that is extremely durable for long life. Also aplpckr is around Hendersonville and he turns pens. Haven't heard from him in a long time, so I don't know his current status. PM me here if you'd like, or email me at, {scrollsawbruce@gmail.com}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS