Need a crowd to make this happen ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
I have dreamed about working in chestnut for some time. Found this site: http://www.appalachianwoods.com/lumber/current_lumber_items.htm today while cruising on the Inet. The yard is up in VA, a bit of a hike from the Triangle. Take a gander at the last item - Number 22.

If there is enough interest we might be able to do a group buy. Would be a logistical challenge, but one that is not overly difficult if the will is there. Price would have to be negotiated, but maybe within striking distance of something affordable. Major challenge is that to buy 100BF or so would be over half a grand. That is a lot of money to have tied up in wood. Hmmm ... wonder if the SWMBO would see it as a good deal?

Anyone have an interest? Need around a dozen or so to make this dream a reality.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
You want to split a 100 ft bundle with 12 people?

That would only be about 8 ft each.

The least price i saw was $7.50 bd ft. Minimum would be $750 way over half a grand.

Could you really do anything with 8 feet?

Glennbear

Glenn
They definitely have some pretty and unique wood. Lot #22 is $8.50 a board foot so 100 BF would be $850 :eek: I cannot afford any wood purchases right now but judging from the prices they post for heart pine furniture if I get busy building and selling using my stash of HP I might be able to afford some chestnut. :gar-La;

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Guess I did not help myself with the post - I was thinking of buying the whole lot for around $5-6BF.
They accept offers ya know and everything is always negotiable. If I bought 100BF of it at around that price it would be somewhat north of the money I was figgering. And if we had another dozen or so from the community and each wanted somewhere round that amount well heck, there goes the whole kit 'n kaboodle!

Any chestnut lovers innerested??

BobN

New User
Bob
If you can get the price down to $5-$6/bd ft, I would be interested in about 40 -50 bd ft.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS