Need a Big Blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
I'm looking for a used 7-10 HP sawdust blower that runs on 220-240 single phase. I've checked several of the used equipment dealers but am coming up empty. I'm hoping someone here at NCWW might know where there's one needing a good home.

Any help will be appreciated!

torahanjyuu

New User
Dan
I'm not an electrical engineer, but being a mechanical engineer, I deal with motors fairly often. According to the chart I've looked up (http://www.elec-toolbox.com/usefulinfo/flamtrcharts.htm) the full load amperage for a 7-10 horsepower single phase motor on 230V is 40-50 amps. 20-30 amps is common in residential service, and all of the industrial applications in this horsepower range I've ever dealt with was 3 phase... You might have trouble finding what you want/need.

Good luck on your search, and let us know what you find.

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
Thanks Dan.

I have plenty of capacity but you got me to thinking (always dangerous) that running a motor with that draw as many hours as I do for a DC system would really make the meter spin! Might have to rethink my plans......

jeff2103

New User
jeffnewatwood
I got a blower and it has 5hp motor attach to it. 5" INLET AND OUTLET I am pretty sure. I never used it and it was purchase new from " woodmaster planners".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS