NCWW Special COD Preview (Big Pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Just for you guys I've quickly processed a picture of the completed COD. I'll be working on the complete photo gallery of the COD tonight, but I thought you guys deserved a preview before I put up the official gallery.

So here it is.....

chestNCWWPreview_345443_original.jpg

Thanks,

John

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Beyond praise, John!!!! Now that piece is absolutely awesome. The brass hardware set against the drawer and door fronts just looks simply art!!!

Excellent work! Can't let the LOML see this piece. She will raise her expectations way, way too high for me to come even halfway close to pieces like this!:crybaby2:

Thanks so much for the pictures and you certainly do have a knack for turning out excellent work!

Congrats,

Wayne

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Simply Beautiful, John!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I agree with Wayne, If the LOML every saw that, She would want one of her own, and I am not sure I could deliver to that standard!!!
Fantastic work!!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

Monty

New User
Monty
Wow!!! Very nice! The pic looks awesome too!

One question - no hardware on those top two drawers?!?!?

woodguy1975

New User
John
insomniac said:
Wow!!! Very nice! The pic looks awesome too!

One question - no hardware on those top two drawers?!?!?
They are on back order from my hardware supplier. They had two so they sent them to me. I'll install the last two when they arrive.

You'll see the details in the rest of the pics. The top 4 drawers are line with black velvet.

Here is a like to the actual progress photos from the construction http://www.jsrwoodworking.com/index_files/Page840.htm

See ya,

John

M

McRabbet

John -- it is superb! Unlike several others, I'm going upstairs shortly to pill this thread up on my wife's computer so she can see it -- I've been giving her a blow-by-blow (well those are fairly harsh terms -- how about "cut-by-cut" or "joint-by-joint") preview of your work in progress. She already has a beautiful solid mahogany High Boy, so she won't be jealous! Too bad the last two pulls were back-ordered -- sure hope they don't turn out as delayed as the custom profile cutters you had on order earlier! I can't wait to see your story in Fine Woodworking!

Rob

rbdoby

New User
Rick
John, an absolutely beautiful piece. How large was the board use for the drawer fronts and how much time did you spend planning the cuts? That step really made the piece.

Rick Doby

woodguy1975

New User
John
The drawer fronts were composed of 3 boards. The bottom drawers are one board, the next two rows up another, and final upper drawers another. The boards were chosen to match each other as well so it appears to be one large board.

It took a loooooooooooooooot of time. Lots of planing to make sure I didn't mess anything up. One mistake would have ruined the entire chest.

Thanks,

John

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Thank you for allowing us to join you on this project through all the progress reports and pics. It is truly inspiring to see what talent and artistry can accomplish!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS