NCWW Raffle - Item Description Veritas Medium Shoulder plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Check it out. This is one sweet plane and it could be yours for the price of a rafle ticket. Hey, if you win it and don't want it, I will give you $50 for it as it retails for $175 and I am not eligible to participate in the raffle.:tinysmile_cry_t:

From the manufacturer:
05p4101s8.jpg

05p4101s4.jpg

05p4101s2.jpg

A multi-purpose tool, the Veritas medium shoulder plane can be used on end grain (e.g., trimming tenon shoulders) or for paring cross grain as is often required on tenon cheeks. It is also used for rebate work, planing along the grain.

This plane is proportioned for versatility; it measures 7" long by 11/16" wide and weighs 2 lb. If you have ever held a traditional shoulder plane, you will appreciate how this plane comes to hand.

The unique lever cap with a pivoting knob adjusts to fit your hand and preferred grip. The concave knob rests in the web of your hand, allowing a secure grip without the need of a vise-like pressure.

Made in Canada. Patented.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have one...it is a beautiful tool, fits well in hand, and extremely useful for getting joinery to fit. Much more sophisticated than using a sledge hammer.

You hear that Travis? I have something you don't!!! :rolf:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have one...it is a beautiful tool, fits well in hand, and extremely useful for getting joinery to fit. Much more sophisticated than using a sledge hammer.

You hear that Travis? I have something you don't!!! :rolf:

Hmmppf.....:tongue2:

I will hold off ordering one pending the winner selling it to me. ;-)

eyekode

New User
Salem
I have one too. It was a Christmas present. Shoulder plane's provide an elegant solution to common problems. This is the first one I have owned but I am not sure how they could make it better!
Good luck!
Salem

tjgreen

New User
Tim
$50!! For a brand-new $175 plane? I can see why they made you treasurer. In case I don't win it outright, I'll up Travis' offer - $60, plus a $20 donation to NCWW.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
$50!! For a brand-new $175 plane? I can see why they made you treasurer. In case I don't win it outright, I'll up Travis' offer - $60, plus a $20 donation to North Carolina Woodworker.

Let the bargaining begin... :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

I'll go ahead and tell ya, if I happen to win something (doesn't happen often), unless it is something that I absolutely don't need, it's going home with me. :gar-Bi Plus, looking around the shop, the list of things I need or could be upgraded is endless. :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS