NCWW mentoring network

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
There seems to be a need for a mentoring network in our State.
We have experts and very talented people who can and are willing to teach.
There are folks who want to learn. So, how do we get these two groups or individuals together?

We have discussed a mentoring network, I think the way to start is to post here what you can teach and where you are located.
If you have standard hourly fees you can post or discuss with the individual.

On the other hand if you want to learn then post what you need, where you are, how far you are willing to travel, and what you can pay or barter.

Now that things are setting down a bit maybe we can have some workshops with smaller groups of 3-6.
If you are interested in hosting, teaching, or learning let us know so we can plan.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Something that might create more participation is if the Outreach Accident Insurance could cover these students while working in other's shops. I'm a bit reluctant to have anyone in my shop unless they are very close friends, and even then, I'm not comfortable with them using my tools. This is because we live in such a legalized sue happy society now. 50 years ago I would not hesitate to have a stranger come over to learn woodworking from me.

Charley

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I know I am off the beaten path, but I bet I am the only shop that can boast a water view from 3 sides. Count me in for hosting and or teaching a scroll saw class. In my shop I can take 2-3.
I am at the extreme opposite of “off that beaten path”, always willing to help.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I know I am off the beaten path, but I bet I am the only shop that can boast a water view from 3 sides. Count me in for hosting and or teaching a scroll saw class. In my shop I can take 2-3.
Count me in for a future SS class from a master, water views would be the icing on the cake....

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
My skills fall between novice and intermediate -- but I have a nice garage workshop in Cary. I'm always wanting to learn. Interests now: end-grain cutting boards and veneering.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My skills fall between novice and intermediate -- but I have a nice garage workshop in Cary. I'm always wanting to learn. Interests now: end-grain cutting boards and veneering.
Matt may be able to help you with veneer if you can travel to the Charlotte area.

Dan O'Sullivan is another possibility in the Durham area.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS