NCWW Member Gregory Paolini in Oct FWW Magazine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
It's always a good day when a new woodworking magazine arrives at the farm, but it's an even better day when one of our own North Carolina Woodworker members has an article in a respected magazine.

We have several members who have contributed to, or otherwise appeared in magazines, and they are now joined by Gregory Paolini.

Today I received the October 2010 issue of Fine Woodworking, and on page 34 I became engrossed in an article about heavy duty plunge routers. As I started reading the article I thought "wow - this guy really wrote a great article", so I turned back the page to see who it was. Lo and behold, I KNOW this guy - it's our very own Gregory Paolini!

GP - congrats on your article, and might I add that it is very well written too! It is very informative and a great read too!

Scott

M

McRabbet

Greg is a super guy and has written many articles for FWW, has featured videos on their website and builds beautiful furniture in the Arts & Crafts tradition (he has several pieces at the Grovewood Gallery in Asheville). I've been to his shop several times and he is a very personable guy -- he has spoken to our Western NC Woodworkers Association twice and is scheduled to return in September. I read his article in this latest issue of FWW tonight and I may just follow his advice on getting a good plunge router (I have four fixed base routers and a Trend T3 Plunge router; the plunge base I have for my Porter Cable 690's is poorly designed and doesn't count for much). Now I'll need to decide on the $800+ Festool or the $225 Hitachi... Hmmmmm, choices, choices...

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Thanks for the kind words, and for all of your support!

I'm glad the article is finally out - for quite a while, I've had all these plunge routers floating around the shop, and students would see them, and ask about them. All I could say was I was testing them for FWW, but couldn't say any more. Now I can actually talk about it, so the gag order's been lifted :)

Thanks again!

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Congrats on the article Gregory. If those many routers are cluttering up your shop too badly, send me a PM and I will forward my shipping address so you will not feel claustrophobic while in the shop.:rotflm:

James

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
A very informative and excellently written review, Gregory!

A great lineup of routers too. (Albeit, no Milwaukee workhorse though, probably due to the plunge base focus.)

I for one really look forward to your writings on FWW!:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Wayne

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Just got my copy of FWW today. Another great article - well written and informative. Congratulations Greg.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS