NCWW Fire Sale - Organizing the Outreach Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I built the workbench top and it is torsion box construction. If I had the space I'd buy it myself.

Bobby, The top that you built is not being sold it is staying with the trailer because I think it is the best of the two. The one being sold is the one I built and I might just bid on it. Thanks again for making your top

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Bobby, The top that you built is not being sold it is staying with the trailer because I think it is the best of the two. The one being sold is the one I built and I might just bid on it. Thanks again for making your top

Well that's quite a compliment. It was my pleasure to build it. :)

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Where did all the auctions go?

I just looked in the archives and saw they all expired 12/11 (tomorrow). my loss

Last edited:

barnes

New User
barnes
I was watching the 'time remaining' indicator on the auction page this morning around noon, but it accepted offers after that time ended. I was confused too because I had the winning bid when the timer ended. Not sure what happened in the end though.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I am unable to answer any questions about weirdness with the auctions. They all seem to have ended with automatic messages being sent to winners. I'm going through everything now. We didn't have power for most of the day today, so I'm just getting to this now.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
It seems like there was some confusion about the end time of the auctions and the possibility of some bug in the auction system (the count-down timer seemed to be out of sync). We are discussing how to proceed. Please be patient.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
It seems like there was some confusion about the end time of the auctions and the possibility of some bug in the auction system (the count-down timer seemed to be out of sync). We are discussing how to proceed. Please be patient.

So are the final notifications final for payment? If so a point to send the check would be great.

Thanks

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Once Jeremy gives the word, checks can be sent to Treasurer, NCWW, 11010 Lake Grove Blvd, Suite 100-427, Morrisville, NC 27560. If you'd like to save time and forwarding and send them directly to my address in Virginia, send an email to treasurer@ncwoodworker.net and I'll provide my home address.

It will be much easier and quicker to use a credit card and just click the Donate Button on the main menu above.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I also was planning to bid on items this morning and they are all gone.
The abrupt end here and notification of auction winners puts the Board in a difficult spot - you either disappoint potential bidders who were planning on bidding on the last day (like Stu and I), or you disappoint the notified winners.

Either way I choose to think NCWW wins with this fund raiser - I do suspect that prices would have been higher if auction ended on the advertised date (although time unspecified).

Furthermore I like the auctions that extend the allotted bid time for 15 minutes whenever there is a last minute bid. Gives everyone a fair shot and allows prices to rise to market level (not just the best 'sniper'). Unsure how to automate that, but clearly this auction automation did not go fully to plan.

Thanks for auction - I wish I had bid earlier, but C'est la vie, my fault for not doing so.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I'm going to let the auctions be done as they currently stand. My apologies to everyone that this affects in a negative way. I don't know what the deal is with the auction counters nor do I have any faith that trying to "fix" this unfortunate situation won't just end up creating more confusion and chaos with more unhappy people. Maybe just different unhappy people.

Again, my apologies for the confusion. It seems like there is some kind of bug in the auction software causing some uncertainty over when the auctions actually end.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Under the circumstances I believe that is the best decision even though personally I would have bid on a couple items.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Disappointed I did not get to bid as it neared completion, but the auction served the intended goals:
1- rid the Outreach trailer of unused items
2- allow the members to get these items at good prices.

Jeremy, thanks for setting this up and getting all of the items listed in the auctions.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
My name appears in this auction documentation due to the fact the items are in my garage, but I need to make every member
aware that I had no input to the auction or its premature closing on many items. Jeremy did a good job of getting all the items up on the auction - there must be a bug in the software that caused all items to close on 12/10 when only four should have.

There are numerous ways to fix, none of which include doing nothing - I have never disagreed with the Board, but surely do this time

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
I wanted a lathe, even tho I saw the counter down to 3 hrs. I missed bidding in that time due to an errand that took too long. Oh well. However, I unexpectedly won a carving set, even tho I expected bids to continue for a day. I would vote to reopen bidding on everything other than the lathes which ended according to their countdown clock. I would not feel that I was in any way cheated as I expected more bids to come in. However I don't know what goes into this and Jeremy does so much for all of us, I respect the boards decision.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeremy
Where in Raleigh do you make the pickup? How soon?

Thanks

Dan, your payment has been confirmed, so please contact Phil S - the items are at his place in North Raleigh with the trailer that he has been refurbishing - thanks to him greatly for that effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS