NCWW decal update

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I haven't seen the prototype yet but I got the price and general info last night via email. The decals are approx. 1 1/2 x 7 inches.
I have ordered about 200 for starters. The printing cost is about 1.00 ea. It will take a little figuring to calculate mailing, etc.
Because this company isn't set up for individual sales I will be the distributor and happy to do it. I have no interest in profiting from the sales so give me a little time to figure it out.
I'm so excited and can't wait to get 'em in the mail to you!

I will request an ordering form place from our Administrators and get that part worked out soon.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Barbara,

This sounds terrific. I look forward to having a couple of the stickers.

I'd like to make a suggestion with regard to distribution. In order to avoid some of the shipping / mailing costs, would you consider bulk shipping to a couple of locations? For example, if one of the members of the TWA were given a supply, distribution at the TWA meeting (many of us also belong to the TWA) would be possible. There are probably several concentrations around the state. I've seen a couple of get-togethers planned on the forum. Actual mailing, and its associated costs, could be reserved for folks who are geographically remote.

Ray

b4man

New User
Barbara
Ray,
Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I have considered a similar idea and think it's doable. I also thought about the issue of getting 100 or so checks for $ 1 plus dollars:-? I have no doubt we will work this out among all the great minds around here. I am happy to go to this trouble for this group and consider it a labor of love. After all, it's so minor compared to the work Steve and the others do everyday to make this a major part of our lives.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Barbara, do you have a paypal account. Also, do you intend to front the money or do you want to get the money up front?

lbmallett

New User
Larry Mallett
Barbara,

The Western North Carolina WoodWorkers meet monthly in Asheville. I would be happy to distribute the decals to those members, consolidate the money and send you one check. If you like, I'll get a list of members from mcrabbit and get you a total number of members.

Larry

M

McRabbet

lbmallett said:
Barbara,

The Western North Carolina WoodWorkers meet monthly in Asheville. I would be happy to distribute the decals to those members, consolidate the money and send you one check. If you like, I'll get a list of members from mcrabbit and get you a total number of members.

Larry
Larry and I had the same idea at the same time -- I was about to post the same suggestion but he beat me to it. I'm sure most of our members will want some -- I'm going to get 3-4 for myself. I've got some ideas about covering the cost to discuss with our Board members at our meeting and that way Barbara won't be left holding the bag waiting for a check.

Rob

b4man

New User
Barbara
I think it's a great idea and if it suits your group it suits me. I don't think the cost recovery will be a problem really and I appreciate your concern. We can accommodate just about any scenario, one way or another.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
b4man said:
I do have a paypal account and I will front the money.
I just a bit of checking, I can not setup you account to get the payment directly from this website, because I need more info about your account than I should have. But I can set it up to get to my account. Then I would transfer from my account to yours. I think I can also give you access to the page that would tell you what's been ordered and what's due you.

We would need to increase cost by at least 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction to cover paypal fees + whatever they charge for me to send you the money.

If something like this seems Ok, then let's do the rest by PM let me know if this works or there is a better way. BTW, we would be able to accept credit cards as well as Paypal accounts

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks Babara, these decals are going to be a big hit. If we can work out a distribution plan I would be more than happy to cover the Fayetteville area for you if need be.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hey, I'm looking forward to this! And I like the idea of central distribution points to reduce administration hassles for Barbara, et. al.

Thanks for generating the idea and energy to follow up :eusa_clap

Roger

gator

George
Corporate Member
b4man said:
I haven't seen the prototype yet but I got the price and general info last night via email. The decals are approx. 1 1/2 x 7 inches.

I don't mean to start this thread in a new direction, I just hav a question. Are these sticky front or back (mounted inside of window facing out, or mounted on outside of window). If mounted on the outside (sticky back), are they going to be weather proof enough?

Either way I still want some.

George

b4man

New User
Barbara
Just so you know your questions and suggestions are not being ignored, I want to let everyone know the current status.
The printer requested a different file to copy from and Steve is handling that. If all goes as planned I should have the decals by Tuesday. If I understand correctly these decals are outside mounted vinyl UV protected. I don't have a pix yet to share but as soon as I receive one I'll pass it on.
To you guys that offered your help in bulk distribution, I agree and will work out the details.
Thanks to all for the encouragement and support.

LTurner

New User
Larry Turner
When these decals are available would it be possible to send an email to each of us like Steve did. I want some but sometimes I am not able to go to the forum.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Just a thought! For those who cannot get in the distribution area. Let them send the money along with a self addressed stamped envelope and this would cover return postage. Terry

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
LTurner said:
When these decals are available would it be possible to send an email to each of us like Steve did. I want some but sometimes I am not able to go to the forum.
Larry, Barbara doesn't have the email address for members. Those are kept confidential, which, I promise, is the way you want it.

However, I or one of the admins can act as a proxy for her. She can send us the text, and we'll take care of sending it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS