NCWW could use a stimulus

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Federal stimulus checks are on the way. Many, all to many, truly need this to get thru this. But many do not.
May I make two suggestions to those that are not needing these funds.
Firstly (this comes from a conversation I had with Golfdad), put the funds away and when the ends of this nears give it away to someone who struggled thru this to ease their path back to normal
Secondly, hold back $50 and buy 10 raffle tickets to help fund this great site and you will probably win a great prize

Thanks

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Great advice Phil and Golfdad. Just got my tickets. It's not too soon to help out if you know someone who's employment has suffered.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
We could use a stimulus also. Have no idea when we will be getting our checks. May be like last stimulus check, of which we received exactly ZERO dollars. But when it does arrive, rest assured I will help stimulate NCWW.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
I got my stimulus the second day they were supposed to be sent out. As I said then, I intend to use a good portion of that free money to stimulate our raffle sales so my second block of tickets (For May) has been bought.
Hurry up June!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
FINALLY got mine. Doing more local carryout.
For anyone who has not got their check, you can go to the IRS WEB and check your status. Seems SS was not tied in until last week, so only those who got an electronic tax refund were in the system. So my wife's SS, and my OPM data were not enough to get our money.

OK, I'll go look at the raffel.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
My block of tickets for June has been purchased. YAY for the stimulus bill.
I may have to buy another block in June. We'll see.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
I just bought my second block of tickets for July.
As I said back when the stimulus checks came, I expect to use a significant part to stimulate the NCWW so I have step up my purchasing.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Bought a couple. Used some to support more local small businesses with carry-out and some work around the house.

Phil, you should have received it long ago. May I suggest going to the WEB site and see what the delay is? Even mailed checks should have arrived by now.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bought a couple. Used some to support more local small businesses with carry-out and some work around the house.

Phil, you should have received it long ago. May I suggest going to the WEB site and see what the delay is? Even mailed checks should have arrived by now.
Just checked again. Says I am eligible and a check or debit card will be sent, did not say when. I had to laugh when I read that they would send a check to the bank they have sent refunds to before - That assumes I have ever received money FROM the IRS, not once in the last 50+ years

Roger45

Roger
User
Remember everyone please purchase all the losing tickets ASAP so I can buy more of the winning tickets before the raffle.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
It's really hard not to make a political comment here, so I'll just say, congratulations on your stimulus checks.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Maybe when this damned COVID thing finally ends and we can have get-togethers, we can have a silent auction to benefit the site.

Everyone has a tool or three they bought thinking they'd use it and never did and now it languishes on the shelf taking up space. Or you have duplicates of a tool. Or you want to upgrade to a better one.

All the tools are put on display with a bid form and a pencil next to them and you just write down what you're willing to pay for it. The highest number wins.

1595859894999.png

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
I looked up and it was the fourth of August already.
Where does the time go?
Oh well, new month so that means time to buy more tickets and use some more of the stimulus bonus to stimulate our economy.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS