For this contest post pictures of things you built for improvements to your home. A before and after pic would be nice, but not necessary!
At the new house in Graham, I had to have a contractor come in to put a French drain around our full basement and we have two finished rooms down at the end. This meant pulling up all the carpet, taking down the lower portions of four walls, demolishing the landing and three bottom stairs. The contractors put in a full drain system and membrane around 3/4 of the basement (it's a walk-out) and I've replaced the walls, flooring and am currently working on the staircase.
The damage from the water intrusion was definitely noticeable. It was quite mouldy behind the drywall that was glued directly to the block walls (!). With the membrane up, I used furring on the first room (my wife's hobby room). My radio room was fully-framed and was less of a hassle. Not shown here is the rewiring I had to do. The previous owner fancied himself an electrician and had done some pretty scary things: had a sub panel feed with #6AWG wire BEFORE the main breaker and had a 60A breaker going through #10AWG wire to a 35A receptacle near the overhead door for back-feeding a generator (!!!) I needed lineman's gloves to remove the wiring before the main breaker and turned the whole house off prior to very carefully removing each of the three wires. The subpanel now is fed by a 60A breaker from the main buss AFTER the main breaker and has all the basement stuff fed off of it -- including a new 240V 20A circuit for amplifiers in the radio shack.
The LVP went down pretty easily. It's fussy about staying straight and I wound up being a bit off at the end after going 20 feet across the finished area. I recommend that anyone thinking of this product in a basement be sure that the product you use be 100% waterproof: you don't want any wood fibre product in this flooring.
This still a work-in-progress, as I have to trim, stain and finish the bottom treads of the staircase before I can call it finished. I've had a time matching the treads to the landing flooring and the LVP floor. One can't be OCD about this because it's impossible to get a perfect match without going full hardwood (on a basement slab -- I don't think so!) and so I had to settle for "close enough", considering that this is, after all, the basement (or, as we call it, "down cellar"). I had never dealt with staircase skirting before and got it fairly close. The BORGs didn't have any decent 1x10 or 1x12 boards that weren't full of knots, so I used MDF for the skirting and 1x8 SYP for the risers. The MDF cuts pretty easily using an 80T blade on the tablesaw.