NC Wood = WOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I had a hankerin' for some turning wood today. Unable to find anything that really spoke to me at my usual sources (Woodcraft :crybaby2:and Klingspor) I decided I would give NC Wood a try. I knew that they were close to where my daughter goes to daycare, and had looked for them once in the past. This time I decided to call and verify that they had a "place" that could be visited, as they do a tremendous amount of mail-order sales, . Well, they sure do 8-O8-O8-O, I was like a kid in a candy store. I have never seen as much beautiful turning stock in my life. Every type of wood a turner could ever want. In addition to the spectacular selection, I was meet by owner Gary http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/member.php?u=86 and given the grand tour. Gary is a really warm, friendly and knowledgeable person, and I really enjoyed talking to him. He has really developed a awesome business with some great contacts for exotic woods that can't be found just anywhere.
I highly recommend anyone in the Triangle area to stop by and check out what NC Wood has to offer, and for those not in the area, he ships all over the country.
I ended up with some Cedar of Lebanon, spalted Hackberry (spalted by NC Wood), Black Mesquite, Holly, and a interesting chunk of Glu-Lam (which can make a very interesting turning...stay tuned to see, hopefully).
Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
I hadn't realized they had opened to the public yet. Maybe someday we'll get that direction when they are oipen.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I talked with Gary a few weeks ago, and had been wanting to take a trip out there. Now you've got me motivated! Sounds like you got quite a haul. Looking forward to your fine creations Dave.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mike, you could just about walk to his place. Please make peace with you wife before you go. Buy her some flowers, maybe even some jewelry, butter her up really good...you'll need all the forgiveness you can get once you drain you bank account on all the wood that "you just must have" :lol::lol::lol:

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
:lol: Dave, I know exactly what you mean. She still doesn't know what I'm about to spend on the next wood hall. 8-O

One good thing I've got going for me is that she is big into photography now. One bad thing I've got going for me is that she is big into photography now! (Her toys cost as much as mine now :crybaby2:)

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Sounds great, Dave. I appreciate the info....

But as the old adage goes, NO PICTURES, DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!:rolf:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Not if your standing on your head :lol::lol::lol: I was so overwhelmed by the wood, I got all turned around.
Original posted edited, nice catch Rob :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS