mystery accessory ?

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Came across this device in a drawer full of unorganized stuff from a bulk purchase.

Veritas/Lee valley printed on it, but my inquiry to them has gone unanswered, so I've turned

to the GREAT source of info-you folks!

Help needed, please.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_1204[3554].jpg
    IMG_1204[3554].jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 285

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Clearly some sort of fine adjustment screw. Sort of looks like the one I have for my bandsaw fence. You might send the photo to Lee Valley and ask them. I bet they'd identify it in short order.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
My guess is it is a stop with fine adjustment screw for repetitive cuts . Can't tell from that picture how it would be attached to a fence though.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
A vernier adjustment. Even if you don't find what it went to, I bet you can use it is some jig.

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
My guess is it is a stop with fine adjustment screw for repetitive cuts . Can't tell from that picture how it would be attached to a fence though.
Large brass screw at the top will pinch whatever goes in the slot just barely visible on the side of the body. We tried a blade from a adjustable square, maybe. Didn't see how that would work.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Its definitely for making a fine adjustment on some tool owned by a woodworker who lived by the mantra " looks good enough for government work!!!"

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I think Jim is right!
85712230_614.jpg

Attachments

• veritasmicroadjust2.jpg
    veritasmicroadjust2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
So you got it all sorted but I thought I'd pass this on. It came from a tool designer at veritas. He also sent a PDF of the instructions.

Yup, that’s the adjustable fence stop from the old router table system. In the photo its upside-down. The clamp attaches to the router table and the graduated screw bears against the fence. The other end of the fence is fixed in position.

Advancing the adjuster skews the fence across the table. Since the bit is at the middle of the fence, moving the micro-adjust 1” changes the fence offset from the bit by ½”…which is why the micro-adjust moves twice as fast as its graduations would indicate.

Attachments

• ins-096_F.pdf
    484 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS