My Wifes Adirondack Rocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
SWMBO asked for a rocker so I decided to go the adirondack route rather than a more complex design. This was plenty complicated for someone like me who is slowly relearning long forgotten skills. What I liked about this project was the opportunity to use most of the stationery tools in my shop. I really got to work with my band saw, a tool I have never used before with any success. Amazing what following some tune up directions does for the machine performance. Anyway, my wife loves it!!

Terrysrocker.jpg

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Geoff, that's really nice. As someone who has built several dozen Adirondacks, I can empathize with your statement about using:icon_thum your stationary tools. That's not a simple design as Adirondack's go. Good job, man! :wsmile:
And, if Momma's happy, everyone's happy, right?
:rotflm:

DonDeJ

New User
Don
Did you get a plan for that somewhere or did you just figure it out yourself? I'm thinking my wife would love one of them, too. "It looks mahvelous!"

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Sure looks comfy, Geoff!!!

There is plenty of space there on the arm for the tall glass of iced tea too!:gar-Bi

I can see more requests for a build from everyone who has the pleasure to sit awhile.

Nice work!

Wayne

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Nice looking chair, Geoff. Is that froma purchased plan, your own design...? Is it as comfortable as it looks? What kind of wood is that? It looks like cedar.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey lil brother great Job. Man that looks great. Cypress I presume?
I bet it sits real comfy.
I'm definitive envious

MAC

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Thanks for all the kind words. I used a plan from Lee Valley because it offered a conversion plan from a regular chair to a rocker. The chair was made from some of Ivey's cypress. I am waiting to see what color my wife is going to choose for a finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS