My New Toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

old-delta

Wes
Senior User
In long search I finally purchased a new saw. Got it set up and dialed in. I was pleased after about two hours to get the blade 0001 thousandth. Fence is within 0002. Some have told me this isn't possible lol. I sold my old Delta 34-450 I had restored. I hated to let it go but after 35 years I thought why not own one new toy. I've wanted a left tilt fro a while. With the holiday sales and rebate Powermatic had going on I'm in it for 1,678.00. which isn't but $175.00 more than the open stand. With the 50" rail and the table extension. This thing is very smooth. The fence glides and locks super nice. I love the left tilt. I've never had a riving knife. The blade guard is really nice as in the blade is clearly visible from any angle. One hand blade change is a nice upgrade for me too. The dust chute is awesome. I was pleasantly surprised it shipped without a scratch. Powermatic packs these things very well. Powermatic 1791000K PM1000

Attachments

• powermatic-1791000k-1_2.jpg
    powermatic-1791000k-1_2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 20180114_224325.jpg
    20180114_224325.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 20180114_224358.jpg
    20180114_224358.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 20180114_224508.jpg
    20180114_224508.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congratulations!
But a stock photo doesn't count we need to see that bad boy with some sawdust on it!

llucas

luke
Senior User
Suhweeet!....too pretty to use!....and I know you'll NEVER let stuff accumulate on the extension table:wink_smil

Thanks for spreading the happy.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Fine looking machine--------I really like the Powermatic machines I have, well built and smooth operating. Enjoy!!!!!

Jerry

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Suhweeet!....too pretty to use!....and I know you'll NEVER let stuff accumulate on the extension table:wink_smil

Thanks for spreading the happy.

What? Isn't that what the extension table is for???
Very nice saw Wes, but now I have envy issues. My Jet Super Saw isn't quite that nice, maybe.

Last edited:

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
In long search I finally purchased a new saw. Got it set up and dialed in. I was pleased after about two hours to get the blade 0001 thousandth. Fence is within 0002. Some have told me this isn't possible lol. I sold my old Delta 34-450 I had restored. I hated to let it go but after 35 years I thought why not own one new toy. I've wanted a left tilt fro a while. With the holiday sales and rebate Powermatic had going on I'm in it for 1,678.00. which isn't but $175.00 more than the open stand. With the 50" rail and the table extension. This thing is very smooth. The fence glides and locks super nice. I love the left tilt. I've never had a riving knife. The blade guard is really nice as in the blade is clearly visible from any angle. One hand blade change is a nice upgrade for me too. The dust chute is awesome. I was pleasantly surprised it shipped without a scratch. Powermatic packs these things very well. Powermatic 1791000K PM1000

Im pretty sure you meant .001 and .002 respectively.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congratulations!
But a stock photo doesn't count we need to see that bad boy with some sawdust on it!

Well Wes, the pictures were BETTER than the stock photo - did you have to purchase land for the extension table?!

old-delta

Wes
Senior User
Well Wes, the pictures were BETTER than the stock photo - did you have to purchase land for the extension table?!

Not yet but I am going to build an outfeed table. I'm debating rather to build a mobile base or buy one. I may build a heavy duty one since I can make it just as I need. I want to build it where it's a one piece to the extension. I have some 1/4" 2X3 aluminum angle that'd work great. Just have to figure which type casters to use. Thank you guys for sharing my happy time with this thing. It's the first ever new saw I've owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors