My New To Me Tablesaw Gloat....Thanks to North Carolina Woodworker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Finally got my "new to me" Jet 10" 3hp Xacta saw together and tuned. Used my rails and Beismeyer Fence from my old Delta Contractor Saw(Lowes deal from a while back). Along with the Incra 1000SE and Bench Dog Cast Iron Router Table Extension. Have a PC7518 and Bench Dog Pro Lift mounted underneath. Forrest Woodworker II in table. I think I am going to be happy with this saw for a long time! Thanks to everyone here who had a part in me getting this. All came from a CL alert on this forum. The safety guard and splitter from a member and Pony Express from McRabbet! Thanks everyone. Any the money shot.....:icon_thum:eusa_danc:icon_thum
IMG_04352.JPG

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like you got it all - and a bag of chips!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
A great shop centerpiece to work with.

M

McRabbet

Kudos to JimmyC for the blade guard that I transported from the picnic to Wayne's hands in Morganton. Wayne, we made it home despite the engine problems we were having with our Camry, but it turned out much worse than I expected. I'll post a thread about it in the next few days once I see the final bill...

BTW, the saw setup looks great, but it appears lonely amidst all that mustard colored stuff!

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Wayne, That is a fine addition to your tools! Now, what is going to be your first project on the saw? Great score and good luck with with it. Make something pretty!!!

Pat

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
How many dust collectors you have?

Do I see three or four individual dust collectors? Does that work well for you? I have been thinking of getting one big one, but a couple of smaller mobile one might just work well as well. And those are probably 110V too.

bwat

New User
Bill
I see some awesome tools in that pic but I agree with McRabbet - The Jet looks different but will definitely earn its place among the PM.:icon_thum

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Actually have a Jet Floor Mortiser, Jet 22-44 Pro belt sander, Jet OSS, Jet Air Cleaner,Jet Mini Lathe, JDS Air cleaner and Dewalt RAS and a Jet Drill Press. So the Jet products outnumber the Powermatic products. Just have the PM 14" bandsaw (only machine bought new full retail),PM 209 20" planer and PM882 8" jointer. Each was a great deal bought used as upgrades to other smaller machines I had. When I find a deal on an upgrade, I try to pounce when possable. Being a hobby, can't afford new in all those machines.
The Dust collectors are Lowes Clearance 1hp deltas. Yeah, I like several small DC,s but will eventually upgrade to a cyclone. Went ahead and wired the shop with its own 100amp panel, so I have plenty of room for power requirements.
It has taken over 2 years to find the right saw for the right price to upgrade my Delta Model 10 Contractor Saw, but I have been patient....was hoping for a deal like this on a PM2000 or a sawstop! This Jet was almost 70% off new retail!:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice looking setup, Wayne. I'm impressed :icon_thum

Actually have a Jet Floor Mortiser, Jet 22-44 Pro belt sander, Jet OSS, Jet Air Cleaner,Jet Mini Lathe, JDS Air cleaner and Dewalt RAS and a Jet Drill Press. So the Jet products outnumber the Powermatic products. . . .

Hmm, white and gold . . . all WMH :mrgreen:

Roger

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Sweet! Impressive to say the least!

What other upgrades are you still wanting/needing? Seems like you have upgraded almost everything in your shop.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;-)

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Bigger is sometimes better...I would like to find a nice 16-18" bandsaw for resawing, so I can keep my PM 14" for regular work. I would like to upgrade my Dust Collection to a cyclone. As far as the other tools, only if a great deal on something I like better than what I have comes along.example...a great buy on a PM2000 or Sawstop.I'm pleased as it is now! Need to allocate tool funds into remodeling the inside of the shop, insulation and new doors, etc. I'm 52 years old and hope these tools will last me until I'm too old to safely use them. Moneys always short, but I like to be pleased when working with my tools. If I had to live with what I have now, I'd be satisfied. Dust collection is my only weak spot. I had to retire early due to heart problems, so I spend quite a bit of time in the shop piddling. My favorite hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS