My New DeWalt 735x Planer Arrived !

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
OK, 23 days from order to arrival. All the way to Hilo, Hawaii........ In Hawaii-Amazon prime is your friend

Anyway, the 735x comes with the dust adapter port, extra set of blades and the out feed tables.

The only engineering hiccup they did on this machine is the back outfeed table cannot lift up and stay in that position. That means if you are to store it I guess you just remove the back one to consolidate the footprint.

One question anyone know why they put the fins in the dust port ? If it proves to be an issue might cut them out, will have to see.

My other bench top planer is 20 years old (Rigid), still nice but this way better.

It is my Merry Christmas gift this year. ;) :)

Attachments

• 20201223_154809.jpg
    20201223_154809.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 135
  • 20201223_154841.jpg
    20201223_154841.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 149
  • 20201223_155201.jpg
    20201223_155201.jpg
    973.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 20201224_094702.jpg
    20201224_094702.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 145

djyoungcity

New User
djyoungcity
I used some rope with donut magnets to hold the rear outfeed table up. Pretty easy to do.
4 inch PVC fits well over the dust port, so easy to feed it into a dust collector bag (if you dont have dust collection), or directly into your dust collection. It will fill a shop vac up quickly and probably backfeed it with its powerful blower on it

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I use a bunji cord to hold mine up when I put it under the bench.

If you haven't seen it - Izzy Swan is working on a magnetic dust collection attachment and he has paid some special attention to the 735's. I did a quick search, but couldn't find a link - he is usually on IG daily so you might find them there. Not sure if they are "ready for prime time" but he says they will be available soon...

Reactions: Oka

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Thanks for that !. I saw Izzy's video, at work they use magnets on quick connects as well. I thinking this is a thing now because magnets got so cheap, just guessing.

I use a bunji cord to hold mine up when I put it under the bench.

If you haven't seen it - Izzy Swan is working on a magnetic dust collection attachment and he has paid some special attention to the 735's. I did a quick search, but couldn't find a link - he is usually on IG daily so you might find them there. Not sure if they are "ready for prime time" but he says they will be available soon...

Herdfan2005

New User
Jason
Its the same with the dw734 I have, luckily, I have about 3 to 4 inches worth of exposed brick footer in my garage so I have space for it to snug up against the wall with the outfeed table down (due to dust port). I'm jealous of your new toy, even the the DW734 is a adequate planer, I hear the 735 is even better.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
My hope is that it might eliminate the connector that keeps the rear feed table from stowing...

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
DeWalt brought this plane to a Charlotte Woodworkers meeting 2 or 3 times when they were designing it. The 1st time we saw it it was a prototype didn't even have case on it. IMHO I believe it's the top of the stack with benchtop planers. Congrats on your new toy and Merry Christmas.

Pop

• Thanks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors