My latest shop project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad

As some of you know, I picked up a Unisaw real reasonable this summer. It has taken much cleanup as it had been stored in a shed for a few years. I tried to find a way to use the open space under the table. I came up with this and it will store all of the saw accessories. Bottom right drawer will hold 10 blades and I made the shelf to hold the fence yet still be able to turn the angle adjustment and open the drawers. I still have to build a base for my Bench Dog cast table since it won't fit where it does on my contractor saw due to the unisaw being a left tilt. Also got a shark guard and it stores in the upper right hand drawer. The upper left drawer holds push sticks and wrenches. It's made out of Maple and added the Walnut to break up the front. Open space in center is for base caster access.
IMG001461.jpg

View image in gallery

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Don't have the table on yet but by the time I get it and the Bench Dog router top added, it already will stick out beyond the end of the 52" rails. If I went much further, it would be like an aircraft carrier and I would have to crawl over it to get anywhere in my shop

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Nice work, Brad. That walnut accent is way too nice for shop use. :eusa_thin I am sure you will find something suitable to make a Ts extension, when the need arises. :thumbs_up

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Brad,

That is a fantastic cabinet ! I have a Jet cabinet saw on a Delta base and I love the base, I've been trying tofigure a good storage cabinet out and this looks great. I have two question though:

1) How tight is the clearance when using the wheel on the right side ?

2) How tight is it when you engage the lift lever on the mobile base ?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A day late, and a dollar short - Delta makes a foot peddle for some of the their mobile bases that is off set. With a little welding, and some rod stock, you could bring foot peddle for caster out either front or rear of cabinets. Nice job on the cabinets.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Dang Brad! That looks better than the cabinets in my house!

Great job. :notworthy:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Very Very Nice.

Love the Maple & Walnut, not sure I am that fancy. Or that good to make something that nice. Great Job~!

When I make mine, it will probably be out of MDF, have a bunch of that stuff.
And will probably put casters on mine as my saw has caster's built in. Hum I wonder how much room I will need to engage the side wheel to lower the casters, don't want to have to pull out the storage every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS